Sicily family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
aiescavol
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 112
Joined: 28 Dec 2005, 00:00
Location: Italy

Sicily family

Post by aiescavol »

HI!

I'm try to search my relatives on ancestry, with surname Giove in Sicily region.

I am interesting to see all Giove present in Sicily (Palermo, Caltanissetta), because was few and all belong at my family. I

Thanks for your help!!
User avatar
Squigy
Master
Master
Posts: 724
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 06:05
Location: Texas, USA (Born in Pennsylvania)

Re: Sicily family

Post by Squigy »

aiescavol wrote:HI!

I'm try to search my relatives on ancestry, with surname Giove in Sicily region.

I am interesting to see all Giove present in Sicily (Palermo, Caltanissetta), because was few and all belong at my family. I

Thanks for your help!!
There is one Giove listed in this town in the Italian white pages, Valeriano Giove:

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... tanissetta

As for genealogy, the Family History Library in Salt Lake City has microfilmed Civil Registration records for Caltanissetta going back to 1820:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

You can order these for a small fee at your local FHC (Family History Center) find one near you with this link:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp
User avatar
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 15:31
Location: NJ

Re: Sicily family

Post by Joannsalvo »

Hi,
Ancestry.com has Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1866-1939
(Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italia: Registri di Stato Civile, 1866-1939 )
User avatar
Squigy
Master
Master
Posts: 724
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 06:05
Location: Texas, USA (Born in Pennsylvania)

Re: Sicily family

Post by Squigy »

Joannsalvo wrote:Hi,
<a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a> has Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1866-1939
(Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italia: Registri di Stato Civile, 1866-1939 )

8O

You're right!! I see that everyday, but for some reason forgot last night. It was around 2 AM, though :lol:
User avatar
aiescavol
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 112
Joined: 28 Dec 2005, 00:00
Location: Italy

Re: Sicily family

Post by aiescavol »

on ancestry I can't see records, why?
is a way to see?
User avatar
jgenduso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 72
Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 19:35
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Sicily family

Post by jgenduso »

Are you looking for the towns of Palermo and Caltanissetta or another town within one of those provinces?

I have family from towns within both provinces.

Also - you might not see the collection on Ancestry if you don't have a world membership vs. a US one.

I hope that helps,

joseph
Joseph F Genduso, PMP, MEng, MBA

Researching Genduso, Lo Re, Cagnina, Gallina, Mancuso, Mazzarisi, Panzica, Fratallone and Trombello in Resuttano (CL), Sicily
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Sicily family

Post by Tessa78 »

You can view the Palermo and Caltanisetta records without a world membership :-)

Click on Search and then click on Card Catalog

Type in Sicily...you will get two links on the right to these records :-D

Good luck!

T.
User avatar
jgenduso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 72
Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 19:35
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Sicily family

Post by jgenduso »

Thanks Tessa - That helps me save some money :)

Joseph
Joseph F Genduso, PMP, MEng, MBA

Researching Genduso, Lo Re, Cagnina, Gallina, Mancuso, Mazzarisi, Panzica, Fratallone and Trombello in Resuttano (CL), Sicily
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Sicily family

Post by Tessa78 »

Always a good thing :D

T.
Post Reply