Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
Can you please tell me if there is only one Catholic Church in Colle d'Anchise and is the name Holy Mary of Angels? Grazie
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
The Italian yellow pages lists directory just one "chiesa" for Colle d'Anchise; about right for a comune of just 800 population.
See http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-chies ... 0d'Anchise
See http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-chies ... 0d'Anchise
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
Thanks Carmine..Yes I have, and in fact just today located the street view for an address in that commune...it was the home my great grandfather was born in. I just found the record today on the microfilm I was viewing.
I appreciate the information.
Ho pensato che una chiesa e in Colle d'Anchise.
Molto grazie, Margie
I appreciate the information.
Ho pensato che una chiesa e in Colle d'Anchise.
Molto grazie, Margie
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
There are two churches in Colle d'Anchise: Santa Maria degli Angeli and San Sisto. San Sisto is the patron saint of the comune. I don't know if both churches are active today. Santa Maria degli Angeli is a medieval church that has undergone several restorations. It contains several paintings by the campobassano Amedeo Trivisonno (my 4C2R!): "l'Ultima Cena," "l'Assunzione," and "l'Ascensione."
John Armellino
Re: Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
Thank you John, I really need to know which one is active, as I am going to write to the priest there. Is there any way I can find out? Margie
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
You might write to the following church and inquire:
PARROCCHIA S. MARIA DEGLI ANGELI
VIA SALITA LA CHIESA
86020 COLLE D'ANCHISE (CB)
ITALIA
If you're writing to inquire about records, keep in mind that the records of a church that has closed are sometimes maintained by an active church.
I believe that there are also two rural chapels in Colle d'Anchise: cappella di S. Margherita and cappella di S. Nicola di Bari.
PARROCCHIA S. MARIA DEGLI ANGELI
VIA SALITA LA CHIESA
86020 COLLE D'ANCHISE (CB)
ITALIA
If you're writing to inquire about records, keep in mind that the records of a church that has closed are sometimes maintained by an active church.
I believe that there are also two rural chapels in Colle d'Anchise: cappella di S. Margherita and cappella di S. Nicola di Bari.
John Armellino
Re: Colle d'Anchise/Campobasso churches
Thank you very much John
