Where is the District of FALDE IN PALERMO SICILY

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 65
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 07:21
Location: Victoria Australia

Where is the District of FALDE IN PALERMO SICILY

Post by mangelini »

I HAVE A INDEX OF A BIRTH WHAT OCCURED IN THE DISTRICT OF falde in palermo in 1905.


Where is this? what is it called today?


What churchs are close by?


thanks
Michael
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Where is the District of FALDE IN PALERMO SICILY

Post by suanj »

I believe that the "falde" is the name of Montepellegrino district in Palermo town;
the district Montepellegrino have this name by Monte Pellegrino ( Pellegrino Mount)
and the "falde" is the local name of this district just in the Pellegrino Mount slopes...
abt the church .. it are sure Santa Rosalia Sanctuary
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Pellegrino

other parishes:
http://www.palermoweb.com/cittadelsole/ ... chiese.htm

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply