I recently received a copy of my grandfather's military records. I need some help translating some sections. I know he was a baker, and he couldn't read or write. I also see he was called for service during WWI, but was declared a deserter because he didn't report. Of course he was in the US as of 1904! I am wondering if anyone can make out section C on the second page and section A from the first page. I know it's tough to read because of the page remnant on the border of the first page, but any help would be appreciated.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6001/page1.jpg
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8589/page2c.jpg
Thanks
Bill
Help with translating military records
Re: Help with translating military records
Bill, there is also written that on 26th march 1900 he didnt report to first check up because he was a prisoner, and on 22nd june 1900 he was free from the prison.
I know it is sad, but if you are interested, there are trials papers at Agrigento State Archive.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Riccardo
I know it is sad, but if you are interested, there are trials papers at Agrigento State Archive.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Riccardo
Re: Help with translating military records
Ricardo, wow!! Thanks for sharing this--is there anything else that you could make out--anything would be great.
I'll try to get the trial records.
Bill
I'll try to get the trial records.
Bill
Bill

