I want to know instead of sending a letter to a parish do they have emails for quicker response time?
--mike
Do church Parishes have emails?
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
Mike
You should search to see if the parish in question has a website. Some parishes do have email addresses.
You should search to see if the parish in question has a website. Some parishes do have email addresses.
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
I think I found the email of the church where my relative may have been baptized. I do not know what to write though and I hear the churches can be annoyed by such request for baptismal certificates. Can someone help?
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
There is a sample letter in Italian to a parish priest on this website.
There is a sample letter in Italian to a parish priest on this website.
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
Try calling them. That's what I did. I needed baptismal records and I did it over the phone. I actually had to call 2 different churches and they were both very accomodating.
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
Forgot to say.......these churches are in the US. Did you need batismal records from Italy?
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
yeah they are from italy and the records are over 100 years old. And I do not speak italian.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
If you want a copy it is just plain good manners to send by regular mail and enclose an addressed envelope and enclose a donation in Euro.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
I would of course enclose a donation. But how would I adress's the letter? Ad should include my email?
Re: Do church Parishes have emails?
If I were you, I would use email to just make sure the records for your ancestors are in that particular parish, but then I would send a letter with a self-addressed, but not a stamped letter, and a donation to get the actual record copies. Unless, of course, you plan to be over in Italy, at some point, in the near future and are just using email to introduce yourself to the parish priest and to explain to him what you are searching for. My husband's cousin did just that and then, months later, when she was in the town and visited the parish, the priest had all the copies already gathered to give her. At that point, she gave him a donation but they had corresponded via email a number of times before her trip there.
