Documents and Names? HELP!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
ande
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 17 Aug 2007, 00:00

Re: Documents and Names? HELP!

Post by ande »

Thanks Mishy. Do I definitely need my parents marriage certificate if I have my birth certificate corrected that lists my mother's correct maiden name?
Ande
User avatar
mishy
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Sep 2008, 16:35

Re: Documents and Names? HELP!

Post by mishy »

Yes, you will need your parents marriage certificate too. Did you go to the website of the Italian Consulate in Newark? It lists all the documents needed with instructions. Discrepancies are not acceptable...names (first and/or last names) and dates. Whatever document is incorrect, they would need to be amended.
User avatar
ande
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 17 Aug 2007, 00:00

Re: Documents and Names? HELP!

Post by ande »

Mishy, thanks again. This may be a diffficult task but I'm forging ahead.
Ande
Post Reply