I am planning a trip to Italy with a stop in Ginosa. Anybody have recommendations on where to stay?
My goal is to research our family name (Papapietro) and try to locate any relatives that might still be in the area. Any recommendations on where to begin looking for the birth records of my grandfather and great-grandfather who were born there circa 1896 and 1866?
Ginosa (TA)
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Ginosa (TA)
Italian telephone directory listings for Papapietro in Ginosa:
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0
Note this is just landlines; many Europeans forgo landlines in favor of cell phones only, so there may very well be other Papapietro's located there.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0
Note this is just landlines; many Europeans forgo landlines in favor of cell phones only, so there may very well be other Papapietro's located there.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Ginosa (TA)
Hello 
This earlier thread may offer some advice about searching civil and church records in Italy...
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... cords.html
Link to info on Ginosa..
Includes City Hall address AND City Hall email...
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/073/007/
T.
This earlier thread may offer some advice about searching civil and church records in Italy...
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... cords.html
Link to info on Ginosa..
Includes City Hall address AND City Hall email...
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/073/007/
T.
Re: Ginosa (TA)
Carmine, Tessa78:
Thank you for the help....I'm looking forward to the trip.
Joe (5papas)
York, PA
Thank you for the help....I'm looking forward to the trip.
Joe (5papas)
York, PA
Re: Ginosa (TA)
Hope you have an enjoyable trip!
Let us know the outcome...
T.
Let us know the outcome...
T.
