Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Line 26 list Francesco Santoni.....I can not make out the last name of the
sister he is visiting in Pekin, Ill.,
nor can I make out the first name of his wife in Mercatino, Italy on the
previous page......
Thanks.....I am going to a 90th birthday party Sunday.....her parents
were best friends with my nonna and nonno......I am taking a list of
names to see if she can recall any of them.....Francesco Santoni is
listed as my nonno's cousin on a previous manifest....but my family has no
recollection of him, and says nonno had no family here in the US........he made at least three trips to the US...I'm thinking he went back to Italy
and stayed.....
one more if you would.......Serafino, Sebastiano and Francesco Santoni
our brothers....on this manifest Serafino and Sebastiano are joining
a brother in Springvalley.......it could be Francesco....but I can't make it
out for sure......