Random observation to ask about...
I was curious if this Wedding Record for Nicola Bruno has any association with my GGM's first husband, Vincenzo Bruno.
I could translate that the father is not the same, but this record was literally the very next record following Giuseppina and Vincenzo's marriage record.
I couldn't positively translate Nicola's age to try to make sense of it all... I was wondering if it was possibly Vincenzo's father, Nicola, getting married again a second time.
That idea is a bit out there, but if this ancestry searching has taught me one thing, its not to rule anything out with my family.
Thank you.
Nicola Bruno Wedding Record
Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aramini
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
You are absolutely right about thatjpetrelli wrote:but if this ancestry searching has taught me one thing, its not to rule anything out with my family.
Thank you.
Nicola Bruno Wedding Record
However, this Nicola (the groom) was 19 years old... (diciannove)
T.
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
I thought it looked like he was 19, but my Italian is poor.
I realize the information in these records is unlikely to answer the question, but would you guess they were cousins? What are the odds of two unrelated Brunos being from such a small area?
I realize the information in these records is unlikely to answer the question, but would you guess they were cousins? What are the odds of two unrelated Brunos being from such a small area?
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
Unrelated? Unlikely as you say 
Maybe they weren't first cousins, but probably related in some way
Hold onto that record, it may connect somewhere in your genealogy
T.
Maybe they weren't first cousins, but probably related in some way
Hold onto that record, it may connect somewhere in your genealogy
T.
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
I was wondering if I could get some assistance translating the handwritten paragraph at the bottom of the document that begins "I documenti sono le copie degli atti di nascita degli sposi rilasciate/The documents are copies of birth certificates of the spouses issued"jpetrelli wrote:I just got access to the marriage records from Zagarise, Italy and recovered Giuseppina Aramini and Vincenzo Bruno's Wedding Record.
I was wondering if I could get assistance translating the document, including the longer paragraphs.
I don't see any mention of Giuseppina's parents being identified, but want to confirm.
Thank you.
Joe
Aramini/Bruno Wedding Record
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
...by the Office of Vital Records of this town today, and the copy of the act of death of the father of the groom issued by the above mentioned office today. Also appeared the mother of the groom Nunziata LaTorre to which the same gave consent to the marriage. Then the official read the act to all the participants, and with him signed only the witnesses because the others did not know how to write...jpetrelli wrote:
I was wondering if I could get some assistance translating the handwritten paragraph at the bottom of the document that begins "I documenti sono le copie degli atti di nascita degli sposi rilasciate/The documents are copies of birth certificates of the spouses issued"
T.
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
Thank you Tessa78!
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Re: Foundling? Interpreting Birth Record for Giuseppina Aram
I wanted to provide an update to those who had previously assisted in my research of my GGM Giuseppina ARAMINI.
While reviewing some old family photos, I found a very old and damaged photo (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2 ... directlink) that was labeled "Giuseppina, Domenic (her son), her sister Teresa and her son Armondo". Having previously discovered Giuseppina was a foundling, you might imagine my surprise! However, the surprises continued...
It turns out there was even more to the connections between Giuseppina and Teresa's children. Giuseppina's daughter, Ann, my GM, married Joseph, my GF. Teresa's daughter, Ginerva, married Natale, Joseph's oldest brother. Ginerva and my GM, Ann, were cousins and this turned out to be how my grandparents met. Once these details resurfaced family was able to recall these details and Ginerva and Natale's son, recalls my grandmother as being referred to as "Cousin Ann".
With this new information I continued my research and discovered that Teresa in fact emigrated from the same small town in Italy, Zagarise. Locating Teresa’s Birth Record (pg 1(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/x ... directlink) and pg 2(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b ... directlink), I was able to identify her parents, Pasquale Guerra and Filomena Agnese.
A FEW REFERENCE POINTS FOR PIECING THIS PUZZLE TOGETHER:
I believe that Pasqual GUERRA and Filomena AGNESE had Teresa GUERRA in 1875 and an older daughter together. I surmise that something happened to Pasqual prior to Giuseppina’s birth in 1882 and that Giuseppina was an illegitimate birth. Maria AGNESE acted as the mid-wife for her sister, Filomena AGNESE, claiming the infant girl for Filomena and returning Giuseppina to Filomena. Giuseppina was raised by her mother, along with at least one sister (Teresa).
This paints a much more pleasant picture for Giuseppina's upbringing.
I WOULD LOVE THE FORUMS THOUGHTS ON A FEW ITEMS:
1. How reasonable does this theory seem to others? Does anyone have any additional observations to offer?
2. Other than researching Pasquale GUERRA's death, are there any other ideas for confirming this theory?
3. While researching Zagarise births, I came across another "ARAMINI" birth record (pg 1(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/t ... directlink) and pg 2(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a ... directlink)). This record indicated a similar scenario of the mid-wife offering to care for the new born. Is there likely any connection with my GGM, Giuseppina Aramini? Would foundling names sometimes be based on the circumstances, i.e. "Aramini" indicates a foundling taken in by the mid-wife?
4. I also believe AGNESE is a foundling name. Is anyone familiar with this name or its origination?
5. Anyone have any ideas how I might improve or restore the damaged photo? (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2 ... directlink)
Thank you for your time reading this lengthy update. I hope those who have contributed to past efforts enjoy the new discovery as much as I have. It has been a great detective hunt.
While reviewing some old family photos, I found a very old and damaged photo (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2 ... directlink) that was labeled "Giuseppina, Domenic (her son), her sister Teresa and her son Armondo". Having previously discovered Giuseppina was a foundling, you might imagine my surprise! However, the surprises continued...
It turns out there was even more to the connections between Giuseppina and Teresa's children. Giuseppina's daughter, Ann, my GM, married Joseph, my GF. Teresa's daughter, Ginerva, married Natale, Joseph's oldest brother. Ginerva and my GM, Ann, were cousins and this turned out to be how my grandparents met. Once these details resurfaced family was able to recall these details and Ginerva and Natale's son, recalls my grandmother as being referred to as "Cousin Ann".
With this new information I continued my research and discovered that Teresa in fact emigrated from the same small town in Italy, Zagarise. Locating Teresa’s Birth Record (pg 1(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/x ... directlink) and pg 2(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/b ... directlink), I was able to identify her parents, Pasquale Guerra and Filomena Agnese.
A FEW REFERENCE POINTS FOR PIECING THIS PUZZLE TOGETHER:
- "-Maria Agnese" was the mid-wife at Giuseppina's birth and offered to care for the child.
-I have a reference to Giuseppina as "Giuseppina Guerra", which I never understood until discovering Teresa's maiden name.
-Giuseppina's original Passenger Manifest(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3 ... directlink) lists "Filomena GRATHIA" (presumed typo) as the closest relative from whence she came.
I believe that Pasqual GUERRA and Filomena AGNESE had Teresa GUERRA in 1875 and an older daughter together. I surmise that something happened to Pasqual prior to Giuseppina’s birth in 1882 and that Giuseppina was an illegitimate birth. Maria AGNESE acted as the mid-wife for her sister, Filomena AGNESE, claiming the infant girl for Filomena and returning Giuseppina to Filomena. Giuseppina was raised by her mother, along with at least one sister (Teresa).
This paints a much more pleasant picture for Giuseppina's upbringing.
I WOULD LOVE THE FORUMS THOUGHTS ON A FEW ITEMS:
1. How reasonable does this theory seem to others? Does anyone have any additional observations to offer?
2. Other than researching Pasquale GUERRA's death, are there any other ideas for confirming this theory?
3. While researching Zagarise births, I came across another "ARAMINI" birth record (pg 1(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/t ... directlink) and pg 2(https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a ... directlink)). This record indicated a similar scenario of the mid-wife offering to care for the new born. Is there likely any connection with my GGM, Giuseppina Aramini? Would foundling names sometimes be based on the circumstances, i.e. "Aramini" indicates a foundling taken in by the mid-wife?
4. I also believe AGNESE is a foundling name. Is anyone familiar with this name or its origination?
5. Anyone have any ideas how I might improve or restore the damaged photo? (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2 ... directlink)
Thank you for your time reading this lengthy update. I hope those who have contributed to past efforts enjoy the new discovery as much as I have. It has been a great detective hunt.
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)

