COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
Ok so I must have my GF birth certificate amended. He is dead and I need to get a court order to do it. As well as for my GGM. what I need to know is where to go and what to file! I get people posting things for other states but I would like to know where to go in NYC and what to file. Please help!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
I believe occasional forum member "kontessa" has some personal experience with this subject. You may want to try PM'ing her.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
Mike,
I had to have my father's birth certificate corrected. I went to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene on Worth st. The corrections dept is very helpful. Bring all your supporting documents and show them it's for dual citizenship. It took some time for me but I was able to get it done without a court order.
I had to have my father's birth certificate corrected. I went to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene on Worth st. The corrections dept is very helpful. Bring all your supporting documents and show them it's for dual citizenship. It took some time for me but I was able to get it done without a court order.
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
Hey thanks for posting i sent you an email. may I ask is your father deceased? my Gf is deceased and that is the problem. once someone has passed on it is hard to correct their birth. I will bring it to court but I just need to know where to go and what paper work to file. thanks!
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
Drew I read your post on correcting the certificate. Seems like they dragged their feet in the mud. My appointment is in early December . I don't know what to do I'm freaking out. I don't know where to go or what to do plus my grandfather is dead so it's harder. what supporting evidence did you present
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
Mike,
I replied to you e-mail. It turned out that they lost my original application but it normally takes up to 90 business days to have it processed. I supplied them with my Grandparents marriage Estratto, my fathers death cert, my birth cert as well as a copy of the Jure Sanguinis application. Of course they copied my drivers license too.
Simply put, any documents you have to prove the the information on the certificates are incorrect.
Good Luck,
Drew
I replied to you e-mail. It turned out that they lost my original application but it normally takes up to 90 business days to have it processed. I supplied them with my Grandparents marriage Estratto, my fathers death cert, my birth cert as well as a copy of the Jure Sanguinis application. Of course they copied my drivers license too.
Simply put, any documents you have to prove the the information on the certificates are incorrect.
Good Luck,
Drew
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
Wow thanks. Yes I live in the L.E.S so I will go with my mother myself and I wil ask for the gentleman who's name you gave me if need be. The only thiny that sucks is I only got one copy of everything and I need it to have something in my hand when the appointment comes in early December. I hope I do not need a court order.
Thanks a lot,
Mike
Thanks a lot,
Mike
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
You can always bring a photocopy and explain that you are in process of having the original amended; perhaps even mark up the photocopy to show the expected result.mike123 wrote:Wow thanks. Yes I live in the L.E.S so I will go with my mother myself and I wil ask for the gentleman who's name you gave me if need be. The only thiny that sucks is I only got one copy of everything and I need it to have something in my hand when the appointment comes in early December. I hope I do not need a court order.
Thanks a lot,
Mike
You are applying at the NYC consulate? Of the reports I have read, it seems that no one gets out of there without at least two visits anyway.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: COURT ORDER AMEND IN NYC
I will do that but I'm worried they will just say I am in prepared and give menanother appointment in a year . Do you think it might be better to just bring what I have and just have it amended later when they tell me to

