I am trying to find out the date of birth and all other information on an ancestor of mine in the UK.
I think I have found him on Ancestry.co.uk on the 1881 Census, but I don't have a subscription to them, and I wondered if anyone can possibly give me some help in finding his details:-
William David McCarthy, d.o.b 1869 approximately, Manchester, Lancashire.
If it helps, his wife was Ellen Brougham, but I don't know the year they married either. (but probably c1900)
I would be very grateful for any assistance in this matter.
Seraphina
William David McCarthy
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: William David McCarthy
Try searching at this free site: http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: William David McCarthy
Hi, here the 1881 census:Seraphina wrote:I am trying to find out the date of birth and all other information on an ancestor of mine in the UK.
I think I have found him on Ancestry.co.uk on the 1881 Census, but I don't have a subscription to them, and I wondered if anyone can possibly give me some help in finding his details:-
William David McCarthy, d.o.b 1869 approximately, Manchester, Lancashire.
If it helps, his wife was Ellen Brougham, but I don't know the year they married either. (but probably c1900)
I would be very grateful for any assistance in this matter.
Seraphina
1881 England Census
about William D. Mc Carthy
Name: William D. Mc Carthy
Age: 13
Estimated birth year: abt 1868
Relation: Son
Father's Name: Daniel Mc Carthy
Mother's Name: Catherine Mc Carthy
Gender: Male
Where born: Manchester, Lancashire, England
Civil parish: Manchester
County/Island: Lancashire
Country: England
Street Address: 50 Bridgewater St
Education:
Employment status: View image
Occupation: Errand Boy
Registration district: Manchester
Sub-registration district: Deansgate
ED, institution, or vessel: 13
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Daniel Mc Carthy 40 born in Cork Bandon, Ireland
Catherine Mc Carthy 41 born in Cork Bandon, Ireland
Joseph Mc Carthy 17 born in Manchester, Lancashire, England
William D. Mc Carthy 13 ditto
John D. Mc Carthy 15 ditto
David F. Mc Carthy 11 ditto
Mary Barry 45 visitor born in Cork Bandon, Ireland
Mary E. Mc Carthy 4 born in Manchester, Lancashire, England
1891:
1891 England Census
about William McCarthy
Name: William McCarthy
Age: 22
Estimated birth year: abt 1869
Relation: Son
Mother's Name: Catherine McCarthy
Gender: Male
Where born: Manchester, Lancashire, England
Civil parish: Hulme
Ecclesiastical parish: St Michael
Town: Manchester
County/Island: Lancashire
Country: England
Street Address:
Occupation:
Condition as to marriage:
Education:
Employment status: View image
Registration district: Chorlton
Sub-registration district: Hulme
ED, institution, or vessel: 27
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Catherine McCarthy 50
William McCarthy 22
Daniel McCarthy 24
Mary E McCarthy 14
I cannot find the marriage record...
all the best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: William David McCarthy
I would imagine this is him:
Births Dec 1867 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McCarty William David Manchester 8d 152
and this is their marriage:
Marriages Sep 1897 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BROUGHAM Ellen Prestwich 8d 563
Hake Mary Prestwich 8d 563
McCarthy William David Prestwich 8d 563
Robinson John Thomas Prestwich 8d 563
Wher did he end up?
Births Dec 1867 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McCarty William David Manchester 8d 152
and this is their marriage:
Marriages Sep 1897 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BROUGHAM Ellen Prestwich 8d 563
Hake Mary Prestwich 8d 563
McCarthy William David Prestwich 8d 563
Robinson John Thomas Prestwich 8d 563
Wher did he end up?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Re: William David McCarthy
Great!
suanj
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: William David McCarthy
Thank you all so very much. This is the family, even down to Daniel being born in Bandon, Cork.
I really can't thank you all enough.
Seraphina
I really can't thank you all enough.
Seraphina

