How important is it to have no discrepancies in an application for Jure Sanguninis Citizenship? I only have a couple and they seem really minor.
First, my GGF was born with two middle names, neither of which he used in the USA. Instead, he used his baptismal name "Luigi" as his middle name on his marriage license and on his childrens' birth certs and "Louis" on his naturalization record. His first name is consistently correct, as is our family name through all generations.
Second, my GF really messed up my GGF's death record. My GGF's father's name is wrong, the mother's first name is correct but has no maiden name, and his birth date says August 14 instead of August 4 (correct year though). And of course the middle name is Luigi.
I'm not sure how important the death rec is. My GGF would be 114 yrs old, so he's obviously dead.
Also, my GF insists the death record is correct (even though he has a copy of my GGF's birth cert showing the correct info) but he's old and doesn't like to be argued with.
So my question is do these things matter? I've heard a change even in spelling of the last name is a problem, but does a middle name matter? And how much of a problem do you think the completely botched death rec is? I'd hate to have to change it, what with my GF being against the idea, but I can prove that it is incorrect.
Any thoughts?
Grazie in anticipo.



