I would assume it would get sent to the comune of my ancestor (great grandfather in Catania, Sicily) If I wanted it sent to Rome for example, is that possible to do?
Just curious more than anything
NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
I was told by the Houston Consulate that they are required to send your documentation to the ancestral commune, that it cannot go anywhere else.
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. Was more curious than anything cause I read a posting where they had the files sent to Calabria but their ancestors were from Sicily.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
I was advised by an italian lawyer that you can apply in any commune. however this only applies if you are doing it at the commune in italy. if it is at a consulate abroad it is required to be sent to the commune of ancestry.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
Correct. We have seen others who tried to have their documents directed to another comune but were told no. It simply does not work that way.amaglioc wrote:I was told by the Houston Consulate that they are required to send your documentation to the ancestral commune, that it cannot go anywhere else.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
It doesn't really matter, though, where you are registered. You are free to live or work anywhere in Italy (or in the Europe Union) with citizenship. Where your papers are is insignificant, no?
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
I want mine registered in the comune my ancestor is from. Even if its tiny and not many heard of it, id be proud to have papers there so it truly connects me to my ancestral family
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
Once the commune has all thesenpapers. Is there a way for another commune to track it? Can all communes tell ifnyou are a citizen?
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: NYC Consulate approves dual - where does file get sent?
Im not sure about that. But once you are registered with your comune the consulate calls you in to obtain your EU passport. That in itself shows citizenship.
