Immigration Records for my grandfather
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
To all that provided so much information that I didn't have.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.
Appreciate it all.
Brianna
Thanks, thanks, thanks.
Appreciate it all.
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Hi, All
Need some additional information.
I got into the web-site for Accadia, Foggia attempting to get an e-mail address for some official who could direct me to the individual that could provide me with the birth information of Gaetano, who was born on Mar 14, 1890.
Any assistence that may be afforded is appreciated.
Brianna
Need some additional information.
I got into the web-site for Accadia, Foggia attempting to get an e-mail address for some official who could direct me to the individual that could provide me with the birth information of Gaetano, who was born on Mar 14, 1890.
Any assistence that may be afforded is appreciated.
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
You may nned to use snail mailbrianna wrote:... I got into the web-site for Accadia, Foggia attempting to get an e-mail address for some official who could direct me to the individual that could provide me with the birth information of Gaetano, who was born on Mar 14, 1890...
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Accadia
Via Roma
71021 Accadia FG
ITALY
http://www.tuttitalia.it/puglia/85-accadia/
---
Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
---
Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Or other helpful form letters:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
VJ
I did write a letter but, not sure if the address you gave me was the one I used.
I'll give it a try and, see what happens.
Thank you for responding.
Brianna
I did write a letter but, not sure if the address you gave me was the one I used.
I'll give it a try and, see what happens.
Thank you for responding.
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Brianna
Let us know how you make out
It may only take 3-4 weeks
You may want to include a self-addressed unstamped envelope
Valarie
Let us know how you make out
It may only take 3-4 weeks
You may want to include a self-addressed unstamped envelope
Valarie
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
VAL,
I will keep you posted.
Again, thanks for you help
Brianna
I will keep you posted.
Again, thanks for you help
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Brianna,
If you haven't already ordered these, Gaetano's Naturalization paperwork from the Bronx should have his ship arrival information
Valarie
---
Bronx Naturalization Index 1914-1952
Bronx County Supreme Court
http://www.italiangen.org/Bronx.stm
Name Volume Page Declaration Number Date Address Country Soundex Date of Birth
Ricciardelli Gaetano 52 323 Italy R263
Name Volume Page Petition Number Date Address Country Soundex Date of Birth
Ricciarclelli Gaetano 41210 R262
---
pdf form to request records
http://www.italiangen.org/BrxNaturalizationForm.pdf
If you haven't already ordered these, Gaetano's Naturalization paperwork from the Bronx should have his ship arrival information
Valarie
---
Bronx Naturalization Index 1914-1952
Bronx County Supreme Court
http://www.italiangen.org/Bronx.stm
Name Volume Page Declaration Number Date Address Country Soundex Date of Birth
Ricciardelli Gaetano 52 323 Italy R263
Name Volume Page Petition Number Date Address Country Soundex Date of Birth
Ricciarclelli Gaetano 41210 R262
---
pdf form to request records
http://www.italiangen.org/BrxNaturalizationForm.pdf
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Another website that may have some articles on your family
Old Fulton Newspapers
http://www.fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html
an example:
Yonkers New York Herald Statesman
Mon 18 July 1960
obituary Benedetto Riccardelli
http://a.imageshack.us/img696/9391/99979822.jpg
Old Fulton Newspapers
http://www.fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html
an example:
Yonkers New York Herald Statesman
Mon 18 July 1960
obituary Benedetto Riccardelli
http://a.imageshack.us/img696/9391/99979822.jpg
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Valarie,
Benedetto Riccardelli was my uncle who died in 1960. He spelled his name with the "I" in it but, it wasn' that way in his obituary.
I will look into the Naturalization Records and see if that in fact is my grandfather.
Thanks
Brianna
Benedetto Riccardelli was my uncle who died in 1960. He spelled his name with the "I" in it but, it wasn' that way in his obituary.
I will look into the Naturalization Records and see if that in fact is my grandfather.
Thanks
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
VAL
I forwarded a letter to my grandfather's town of birth on Oct 1st and, haven't received an answer yet. I'm sure that I will get a reply within the next month of so.
Anyway, I did get a copy of my grandfather's (Gaetano Ricciardelli) Declaration of Intention to become a citizen and, as you said, the name of the ship on which he arrived was indicated.
It states that the ship's name was the Republic and, that he arrived "on or about" Feb 21, 1905 into New York.
Do you know how I can get a copy of the manifest for this date?
Appreciate all the help you and, others have provided me in getting where I am now.
Brianna
I forwarded a letter to my grandfather's town of birth on Oct 1st and, haven't received an answer yet. I'm sure that I will get a reply within the next month of so.
Anyway, I did get a copy of my grandfather's (Gaetano Ricciardelli) Declaration of Intention to become a citizen and, as you said, the name of the ship on which he arrived was indicated.
It states that the ship's name was the Republic and, that he arrived "on or about" Feb 21, 1905 into New York.
Do you know how I can get a copy of the manifest for this date?
Appreciate all the help you and, others have provided me in getting where I am now.
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Hi Brianna
It should be on the Ellis Island search site
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
We'll see if we can help you find it
Valarie
---
No luck
A few Gaetano's and one Gennaro, but they don't appear correct...
It should be on the Ellis Island search site
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
We'll see if we can help you find it
Valarie
---
No luck
A few Gaetano's and one Gennaro, but they don't appear correct...
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Val,
I have checked the Ellis Island Records and, LDS many times and, haven't been able to find my grandfather's name.
I've even tried various spellings of the name leaving out the "i"; using only one "c", etc. but, to no avail.
Thanks for your help.
Please advise if you have any other suggestions.
Brianna
I have checked the Ellis Island Records and, LDS many times and, haven't been able to find my grandfather's name.
I've even tried various spellings of the name leaving out the "i"; using only one "c", etc. but, to no avail.
Thanks for your help.
Please advise if you have any other suggestions.
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Hey Brianna
!
Maybe we can find a clue on his mother & sister's manifest
Is this Gaetano's mother and sister in 1930?
Also, what was Gaetano's birth location on his Declaration of Intention?
Thanks, Valarie
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4624/1930k.jpg
Home in 1930:
623 East 188th, owns $22,000
Bronx, Bronx, New York
Pietro Desantis 54
wife Carmela Desantis 43, abt 1887 IT (Avellino)
- married abt 1901
- immig 1911
children:
Josephine Desantis 17, 1913 NY
Angelo Desantis 16
Clara Desantis 14
Louisa Desantis 13
Raffaele Desantis 11
Tony Desantis 10
Helen Desantis 8
Iolanda Desantis 3
mother-in-law G Maria Ricciardelli 72, abt 1858 IT (Avellino)
- widow
- immig 1913, Al
---
Could this be Josephine's (Giuseppa Maria) maiden name?
possible 1920 census
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8663/1920k.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5093/192001.jpg
Home in 1920:
2509 Hughes Avenue
Bronx Assembly District 8, Bronx, New York
Peter Di Santa 43
wife Carmella Di Santa 32, abt 1888 IT
- immig 1910
Josephine Di Santa 7
children:
Angelo Di Santa 6
Clara Di Santa 3 11/12
Louisa Di Santa 3 3/12
Raphel Di Santa 2 8/12
mother-in-law Josephine Cardone 62, abt 1858
- widow
- immig 1914
---
This may help to narrow down immig for sister Carmela Ricciardella's
31 Mar 1912 Marriage Record
Name Marriage Date Marriage Certificate Number County
DeSantis Pietro 31 Mar 1912 672 (1912) Bronx
Ricciardella Carmela 31 Mar 1912 672 (1912) Bronx
Ordering NYC Vital Records
New York City Archives
from NYC records by the Italian Genealogical Group
http://www.italiangen.org/
Maybe we can find a clue on his mother & sister's manifest
Is this Gaetano's mother and sister in 1930?
Also, what was Gaetano's birth location on his Declaration of Intention?
Thanks, Valarie
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4624/1930k.jpg
Home in 1930:
623 East 188th, owns $22,000
Bronx, Bronx, New York
Pietro Desantis 54
wife Carmela Desantis 43, abt 1887 IT (Avellino)
- married abt 1901
- immig 1911
children:
Josephine Desantis 17, 1913 NY
Angelo Desantis 16
Clara Desantis 14
Louisa Desantis 13
Raffaele Desantis 11
Tony Desantis 10
Helen Desantis 8
Iolanda Desantis 3
mother-in-law G Maria Ricciardelli 72, abt 1858 IT (Avellino)
- widow
- immig 1913, Al
---
Could this be Josephine's (Giuseppa Maria) maiden name?
possible 1920 census
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8663/1920k.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5093/192001.jpg
Home in 1920:
2509 Hughes Avenue
Bronx Assembly District 8, Bronx, New York
Peter Di Santa 43
wife Carmella Di Santa 32, abt 1888 IT
- immig 1910
Josephine Di Santa 7
children:
Angelo Di Santa 6
Clara Di Santa 3 11/12
Louisa Di Santa 3 3/12
Raphel Di Santa 2 8/12
mother-in-law Josephine Cardone 62, abt 1858
- widow
- immig 1914
---
This may help to narrow down immig for sister Carmela Ricciardella's
31 Mar 1912 Marriage Record
Name Marriage Date Marriage Certificate Number County
DeSantis Pietro 31 Mar 1912 672 (1912) Bronx
Ricciardella Carmela 31 Mar 1912 672 (1912) Bronx
Ordering NYC Vital Records
New York City Archives
from NYC records by the Italian Genealogical Group
http://www.italiangen.org/
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Val,
I can't believe all the info that you've found about my grandfather and his family.
Gaetano's place of birth was in Accadia, Avellino.
I know that Gaetano came to this county in 1905 with his older sister Carmella whose marriage name was DeSantis. The name "DI Santa" should be "DeSantis".
Later on his mother, Josephine Riccardelli, immigrated with her other daughter, Vincenza, who later on married, Mr. Fusco, whose first name escapes me.
As soon as I get a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate, I will know for sure that Gaetano's mother's maiden name was Cardone.
Val, I don't know how to thank you for gathering this info for me. I'll have to review everything that you forwarded to me and, put it together for my records.
I will let you know how I make out.
Thank you and, God Bless
Brianna
I can't believe all the info that you've found about my grandfather and his family.
Gaetano's place of birth was in Accadia, Avellino.
I know that Gaetano came to this county in 1905 with his older sister Carmella whose marriage name was DeSantis. The name "DI Santa" should be "DeSantis".
Later on his mother, Josephine Riccardelli, immigrated with her other daughter, Vincenza, who later on married, Mr. Fusco, whose first name escapes me.
As soon as I get a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate, I will know for sure that Gaetano's mother's maiden name was Cardone.
Val, I don't know how to thank you for gathering this info for me. I'll have to review everything that you forwarded to me and, put it together for my records.
I will let you know how I make out.
Thank you and, God Bless
Brianna
Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Val,
I received a reply back from Accadia, Foggia, Italy about Gaetano's birth certificate. They advised that there is no record on file. Then, it dawned on me that Accadia, which was originally in the Province of Avellino was, in the mid 20th century ceded to Foggia Province.
I tried to contact someone in the Province of Avellino to try and find out where I could write to get the a copy of his birth certificate (born Mar 14, 1890) but to no avail. The e-mail address I had was for info about visiting Avellino.
Do you know of an address that I can use, whether e-mail or, posted mail to try and find where Gaetano's birth certificate may be recorded in Avellino?
I also cannot find any info about the ship on which he supposedly came to America ( Republic) around Feb 21st 1905-06.
Thank you,
Brianna
I received a reply back from Accadia, Foggia, Italy about Gaetano's birth certificate. They advised that there is no record on file. Then, it dawned on me that Accadia, which was originally in the Province of Avellino was, in the mid 20th century ceded to Foggia Province.
I tried to contact someone in the Province of Avellino to try and find out where I could write to get the a copy of his birth certificate (born Mar 14, 1890) but to no avail. The e-mail address I had was for info about visiting Avellino.
Do you know of an address that I can use, whether e-mail or, posted mail to try and find where Gaetano's birth certificate may be recorded in Avellino?
I also cannot find any info about the ship on which he supposedly came to America ( Republic) around Feb 21st 1905-06.
Thank you,
Brianna

