NYC vital records.
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
NYC vital records.
I am trying to get some certificates amended and am so far getting no help from the department of corrections. If anyone has advice please post.
Re: NYC vital records.
My advice is to just go in person. Talk to them that is what I am doing tomorrow. it will be my second trip there to amend.
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: NYC vital records.
Names of anyone to talk to ? so far they have been bouncing me around. I am going nuts and my appointment is so soon.
Re: NYC vital records.
Sorry man just go in thats all I got 
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: NYC vital records.
well thanks anyway I do appreciate it. I think I need to calm down and not let this get to me so much but it is so overwhelming. I should have expected getting a citizenship registered should have some work to it.
Re: NYC vital records.
I dont understand. I was told by them that they dont amend records under any circumstances. Or are you talking about newer records?
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: NYC vital records.
You might be thinking of municipals archives. They never amend records. I don't believe that even a court order can change that. (Not sure on that) the department if mental Heath and hygiene as part of the office of vital records does amend records under circumstances.
Re: NYC vital records.
What is it that you want to amend?
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: NYC vital records.
Birth and death records
Re: NYC vital records.
If it is possible, apply in person. Take a number and explain what you need corrected to the clerk. They see this everyday and most times can help you without having to get a court order.
However If these records are from the NY City Archives, those cannot be amended.
Good luck
However If these records are from the NY City Archives, those cannot be amended.
Good luck


