Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20
Re: Ready to file in Boston
I agree - but am sticking in with it... Anyone ever contact the mayor of the comune where they will apply beforehand, to introduce yourself and make your case?
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Anyone having luck reaching the citizenship office in Boston? I have called, no answer, just voice mail, can't leave a message as the mailbox is full. Crazy. I have emailed over the last 3 months without an acknowledgment or response.
I finally received the AR2 record for the spouse (my m-ggm) and got my wife's birth certificate amended. I couldn't believe it when the USCIS sent me the wrong AR2 document after waiting so long. I got lucky when I called into the 800# that someone answered. I was completely shocked. They passed me off to another representative who looked up my request on the spot and then looked up the correct AR2 number while I was on the phone and found it. I can't believe something that took less than 5 minutes to find took almost 4 months to complete my request. I was however overjoyed when the researcher explained the mix up and said the correct document would be sent out immediately. I got it a few days later. It isn't the best reproduction but should suffice. It doesn't really give any information as to the citizenship status of my m-ggf, just that my m-ggm is widowed and still a citizen/subject of Italy in 1940.
Now if I can only get an appointment to get back in to see the citizenship officer in Boston I think I have filled all the "extra" requirements. I had ALL the documents on the first meeting in February, not sure why I am not permitted to officially hand in originals and file my application.
Am I doing something wrong or what? It is getting frustrating. Anyone have any recent appointments in Boston and have any advice?
I called the main number as well and left a message with my name/number and request for a meeting. It has been two days and I have yet to get a call back.
I am always surprised to hear how others had no difficulty, while I had all documents, copies, apostiles, translations, I was asked for "extra" documentation. I feel like I am getting the run around.
Sorry for the ranting ...
I am determined and I hope to get this application filed asap and return with good news!
I finally received the AR2 record for the spouse (my m-ggm) and got my wife's birth certificate amended. I couldn't believe it when the USCIS sent me the wrong AR2 document after waiting so long. I got lucky when I called into the 800# that someone answered. I was completely shocked. They passed me off to another representative who looked up my request on the spot and then looked up the correct AR2 number while I was on the phone and found it. I can't believe something that took less than 5 minutes to find took almost 4 months to complete my request. I was however overjoyed when the researcher explained the mix up and said the correct document would be sent out immediately. I got it a few days later. It isn't the best reproduction but should suffice. It doesn't really give any information as to the citizenship status of my m-ggf, just that my m-ggm is widowed and still a citizen/subject of Italy in 1940.
Now if I can only get an appointment to get back in to see the citizenship officer in Boston I think I have filled all the "extra" requirements. I had ALL the documents on the first meeting in February, not sure why I am not permitted to officially hand in originals and file my application.
Am I doing something wrong or what? It is getting frustrating. Anyone have any recent appointments in Boston and have any advice?
I called the main number as well and left a message with my name/number and request for a meeting. It has been two days and I have yet to get a call back.
I am always surprised to hear how others had no difficulty, while I had all documents, copies, apostiles, translations, I was asked for "extra" documentation. I feel like I am getting the run around.
Sorry for the ranting ...
Re: Ready to file in Boston
I called the consulate this morning at 9:30am and got the receptionist/secretary after 2 rings. No forwarding to a full voice mail box, yay! I asked about setting up an appointment for the citizenship office and she said no appointment was necessary, they are open to the public between 9am and noon.
Still wasn't able to submit my application.
Hopefully I will hear from them by Friday with some positive news.
Anyone else submitting in Boston?
Saw a few people today that went from the citizenship office to the AIRE registration, so congratz to them...
Still wasn't able to submit my application.
Anyone else submitting in Boston?
Saw a few people today that went from the citizenship office to the AIRE registration, so congratz to them...
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Ok, that Friday came and went, but the next Friday I got a call, instructing me to call back after the long holiday weekend. I did and still no news. Hopefully my brother will have better luck making an appointment and getting the process started. It is all very discouraging.Mulé wrote:Still wasn't able to submit my application.Hopefully I will hear from them by Friday with some positive news.
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: Ready to file in Boston
No experience here, sorry about that! I just wanted to say I am rooting for you! Boston should be impressed with your dedication.
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Thanks. I am not sure why the massive amount of push back I am feeling. I am in the process of getting my documentation in order as if I were to apply in Italy. I fear this might happen sooner than I will be granted an appointment to apply in Boston, despite repeatedly requesting such, or an official determination as to why I am not permitted to apply. oh well...
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Another 4 months and still no word on a possible appointment date from Boston. Frustrated. Anyone have a good deal on airfare to Italy?
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: Ready to file in Boston
no deals on the airfare. But I do have the name of an italian lawyer if you want. actually two of them. you might actually want to apply In italy. seems like your whole ordeal is crazy and considering you have been in the process for 10 years I would just do it.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Enzo, I cant BELIEVE your still waiting. I was talking to you this time last year and you were waiting I think. Its insane!!
Alicia
Alicia
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Same insanity. Not given an appointment to apply yet. In hindsight, should have taken the April 2011 for my mother in Philadelphia, that seems right around the corner and I am not sure I will have applied by then.
Any progress on your application?
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
I didnt have my appt yet. Its not until June. What is the problem...they dont have an appt or no one answers phone calls and email?
Alicia
Alicia
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Not sure what the problem is this time, I don't get a reason why I can't have an appointment. I keep on getting the brush off. Yeah, no returned communication, email, phone, letters. Total black out.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Listen, this post is 4 pages worth and maybe not as many people are reading it. Maybe you should start a new thread desperately seeking help and advice and see where it gets you. Im hoping in a new thread someone will see it and have a new route for you
Alicia
Alicia
Re: Ready to file in Boston
The person you need to speak with was on vacation during all of August and September. I had an appointment in July which I had made three months earlier. My sense was that nothing much would be done in July.
I am surprised that the Boston office has not been more accessible. My experience has been very productive. From my research Boston is probably the most "reasonable". certainly the contact person there is very knowledgeable and cooperative.
I know that because of vacations they are only now getting caught up.
I am surprised that the Boston office has not been more accessible. My experience has been very productive. From my research Boston is probably the most "reasonable". certainly the contact person there is very knowledgeable and cooperative.
I know that because of vacations they are only now getting caught up.
Re: Ready to file in Boston
I wish I had the same experience as you regarding the Boston consulate. I read all the great reviews and wonder in amazement at my own experience. Surely I must have done something wrong, to get this kind of treatment. Even before the 2 month long holiday/vacation, the treatment was the same. I hope they get caught up, hire more staff, figure it out, or resolve what ever issue is happening there. It lacks professionalism.

