My Sammartino family emigrated from this town in 1893.
If anyone has any info, I would love to hear. Carol
Marsicovetere in Potenza
Re: Marsicovetere in Potenza
Hello and welcome! 
Are you looking to hear from potential relatives, or are you looking for help in researching your ancestors in US and in Italy?
T.
Are you looking to hear from potential relatives, or are you looking for help in researching your ancestors in US and in Italy?
T.
Re: Marsicovetere in Potenza
I am hoping to find information about the town in Potenza, and would love
to know if there are any ancestors still living there. I am interested in any
and all information on both the town and the family names.
Thanks for inquiring. Carol
to know if there are any ancestors still living there. I am interested in any
and all information on both the town and the family names.
Thanks for inquiring. Carol
Re: Marsicovetere in Potenza
Hi Carol!
There is currently one "Sammartino" listed in the Italian Phone Book (this is only landlines, not cell phones)
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... sicovetere
If you wish to write...
Form letters in Italian
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
Correct format for addressing envelope:
Sammartino Giuseppina
Contrada Pagliari
85050 Grumento Nova (PZ)
Italy
T.
There is currently one "Sammartino" listed in the Italian Phone Book (this is only landlines, not cell phones)
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... sicovetere
If you wish to write...
Form letters in Italian
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
Correct format for addressing envelope:
Sammartino Giuseppina
Contrada Pagliari
85050 Grumento Nova (PZ)
Italy
T.
Re: Marsicovetere in Potenza
Link to information about the town of Marsicovetere, including city hall address to which you can write directly for birth, death and marriage records of ancestors...
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/076/046/
T.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/076/046/
T.
Re: Marsicovetere in Potenza
Thank you so much. I may write to her when I write to the town for any
documents they may have. Thank goodness for those form letters. I cannot speak Italian. Carol
documents they may have. Thank goodness for those form letters. I cannot speak Italian. Carol
Re: Marsicovetere in Potenza
Additional form letters for requesting documents 
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Be sure to include as much information about the person whose document you are requesting as you can. Try to limit your request to one or two persons at a time. You should have a good approx. of dates. If you can include names of parents...Big Help!
Send along a self-addressed envelope...no stamp.
Good luck!
T.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Be sure to include as much information about the person whose document you are requesting as you can. Try to limit your request to one or two persons at a time. You should have a good approx. of dates. If you can include names of parents...Big Help!
Send along a self-addressed envelope...no stamp.
Good luck!
T.
Re: Marsicovetere in Potenza
Thanks again for everything. Carol

