Hello,
Just wondering if I could get some help. I am trying to trace my husband's family tree.
His grandfather's name was Pietro Credico who was born in September 1884 in San Giovanni in Galdo and he married Marie Thomasine Magro in San Giovanni in Galdo. Maria was born in February 1885. Pietro arrived in New York 5 Mar 1907 and immigrated to Alberta, Canada around 1909. Mary and their daughter Johanna immigrated to Alberta, Canada in 1911 Johanna was 3 years old and she was also born in San Giovanni in Galdo.
I would appreciate any information on Pietro's and Maria's family members such as brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. I am especially interested in making contact with any relatives of either that are currently living in San Giovanni in Galdo.
Credico Family in San Giovanni in Galdo
Re: Credico Family in San Giovanni in Galdo
Hello 
There are currently 7 listings for "Credico" in the Italian Phone Book for San Giovanni in Galdo.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... i+in+galdo
There are no current listings for "Magro", but these listings are only for landlines, not cell phones.
You may with to write and inquire about relatives...
Form letters in Italian to help...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
T.
There are currently 7 listings for "Credico" in the Italian Phone Book for San Giovanni in Galdo.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... i+in+galdo
There are no current listings for "Magro", but these listings are only for landlines, not cell phones.
You may with to write and inquire about relatives...
Form letters in Italian to help...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
T.
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: Credico Family in San Giovanni in Galdo
I believe the correct spelling is Magri. There are 4 individuals listed under this name in SGG.There are no current listings for "Magro", but these listings are only for landlines, not cell phones.
John Armellino
Re: Credico Family in San Giovanni in Galdo
Hi Credico,
I am doing research on the town of San Giovanni in Galdo. This is what I have for your husband's family:
Pietro Credico (b. 22 September 1883) of Nicola Credico (c. 1851) and Maria Giovanna Lollo (c. 1860) married Tommasina Carmela Magri (b. 2 February 1885) of Pietrangelo Magri (c. 1827) and Maria Pasquala Fruscella (c. 1847) on 20 June 1904.
Pietro and Tommasina had a daughter Maria Natalizia (b. 23 December 1905) and a daughter Giovannina (b. 22 June 1907). Pietro was present at Maria Natalizia’s birth, but a mid-wife was present at Giovannina’s birth. This is most likely because Pietro had immigrated (as you said) in March that year.
The source records for all this come from Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910, San Giovanni in Galdo, Campobasso, Molise.
If you are a member of facebook.com there is a group called “San Giovanni in Galdo: Do you know ???â€
I am doing research on the town of San Giovanni in Galdo. This is what I have for your husband's family:
Pietro Credico (b. 22 September 1883) of Nicola Credico (c. 1851) and Maria Giovanna Lollo (c. 1860) married Tommasina Carmela Magri (b. 2 February 1885) of Pietrangelo Magri (c. 1827) and Maria Pasquala Fruscella (c. 1847) on 20 June 1904.
Pietro and Tommasina had a daughter Maria Natalizia (b. 23 December 1905) and a daughter Giovannina (b. 22 June 1907). Pietro was present at Maria Natalizia’s birth, but a mid-wife was present at Giovannina’s birth. This is most likely because Pietro had immigrated (as you said) in March that year.
The source records for all this come from Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910, San Giovanni in Galdo, Campobasso, Molise.
If you are a member of facebook.com there is a group called “San Giovanni in Galdo: Do you know ???â€
Re: Credico Family in San Giovanni in Galdo
Hi Robert,
Thank-you so much for finding out this information!!
You are amazing. Maria Natalizia never immigrated with them can you find out if she died? If so she would have died sometime between 1905 and 1911 and would have been a very young child. I wonder why Pietro left SGG with his wife being 7 or so months pregnant. Any help with finding any other relatives is greatly appreciated.
All the best.
Randall and Hanne Credico
[quote="rfiorille"]Hi Credico,
I am doing research on the town of San Giovanni in Galdo. This is what I have for your husband's family:
Pietro Credico (b. 22 September 1883) of Nicola Credico (c. 1851) and Maria Giovanna Lollo (c. 1860) married Tommasina Carmela Magri (b. 2 February 1885) of Pietrangelo Magri (c. 1827) and Maria Pasquala Fruscella (c. 1847) on 20 June 1904.
Pietro and Tommasina had a daughter Maria Natalizia (b. 23 December 1905) and a daughter Giovannina (b. 22 June 1907). Pietro was present at Maria Natalizia’s birth, but a mid-wife was present at Giovannina’s birth. This is most likely because Pietro had immigrated (as you said) in March that year.
The source records for all this come from Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910, San Giovanni in Galdo, Campobasso, Molise.
If you are a member of facebook.com there is a group called “San Giovanni in Galdo: Do you know ???â€
Thank-you so much for finding out this information!!
All the best.
Randall and Hanne Credico
[quote="rfiorille"]Hi Credico,
I am doing research on the town of San Giovanni in Galdo. This is what I have for your husband's family:
Pietro Credico (b. 22 September 1883) of Nicola Credico (c. 1851) and Maria Giovanna Lollo (c. 1860) married Tommasina Carmela Magri (b. 2 February 1885) of Pietrangelo Magri (c. 1827) and Maria Pasquala Fruscella (c. 1847) on 20 June 1904.
Pietro and Tommasina had a daughter Maria Natalizia (b. 23 December 1905) and a daughter Giovannina (b. 22 June 1907). Pietro was present at Maria Natalizia’s birth, but a mid-wife was present at Giovannina’s birth. This is most likely because Pietro had immigrated (as you said) in March that year.
The source records for all this come from Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910, San Giovanni in Galdo, Campobasso, Molise.
If you are a member of facebook.com there is a group called “San Giovanni in Galdo: Do you know ???â€
Re: Credico Family in San Giovanni in Galdo
Hello Randall and Hanne,
I sent you a private message with my personal email so I can send you more information.
Thank you,
Robert
I sent you a private message with my personal email so I can send you more information.
Thank you,
Robert

