translation please of the following..........
Ciao Lisa,
Io sono **** Cupi, ho 30 anni e sono di Roma.
Non mi risulta di avere parenti nè tra Pesaro nè tra
Urbino. Cupi per quel che ho sempre saputo, è un
cognome originario della Calabria, per la precisione
di un paesino che si chiama Francica e si trova nella
provincia di Vibo Valentia.
C'è però in Toscana, in provincia di Grosseto, un
paesino che si chiama proprio Cupi, per cui è
possibile che qualche frangia si sia stabilita lì. Ho
un cugino che ha ricostruito un accurato albero
genealogico della famiglia Cupi. Appena potrò mi
metterò in contatto con lui per chiedergli se può
darmi informazioni più precise.
Spero di esserti stata utile, e intanto ti mando un
abbraccio, perchè i Cupi, in Italia, non sono comunque
moltissimi e i ceppi di partenza devono essere più o
meno gli stessi. E poi è bello sapere che laggiù, così
lontano da qui c'è qualcuno che porta il mio stesso
cognome!
A presto e buon proseguimento nella ricerca!
******.
wldspirit
Translation.......
- DonnaPellegrin
- Veteran

- Posts: 201
- Joined: 16 May 2004, 00:00
- Contact:
Re: Translation.......
This is the Alta Vista translation with minor corrections for the name Cupi:
Hello Lisa, I am **** Cupi, I am 30 years old and I am of Rome. Me he does not turn out of having relatives neither between Pesaro neither between Urbino. Cupi for that I have always known, it is an original last name of the Calabria, for the precision of a small village that calls Francica and it finds itself in the province of Vibo Valentia. There is but in Tuscany, in province of Grosseto, a small village that is called just Cupi, for which is possible that some fringe has been settled down lì. I have a cousins who has reconstructed taken care of Cupi a genealogico tree of the family. As soon as I will be able I will put in contact with he for chiedergli if it can give preciser information to me. I hope to you it are useful, and while I send to you I embrace, why the Cupi ones, in Italy, are not however very many and the departure stocks must more be or less the same ones. And then it is beautiful to know that laggiù, therefore far away from there is someone here that door my same last name! Soon and good proseguimento in the search!
Obviously the translation is inexact, but it gives you a pretty good idea of the content of the letter.
Hello Lisa, I am **** Cupi, I am 30 years old and I am of Rome. Me he does not turn out of having relatives neither between Pesaro neither between Urbino. Cupi for that I have always known, it is an original last name of the Calabria, for the precision of a small village that calls Francica and it finds itself in the province of Vibo Valentia. There is but in Tuscany, in province of Grosseto, a small village that is called just Cupi, for which is possible that some fringe has been settled down lì. I have a cousins who has reconstructed taken care of Cupi a genealogico tree of the family. As soon as I will be able I will put in contact with he for chiedergli if it can give preciser information to me. I hope to you it are useful, and while I send to you I embrace, why the Cupi ones, in Italy, are not however very many and the departure stocks must more be or less the same ones. And then it is beautiful to know that laggiù, therefore far away from there is someone here that door my same last name! Soon and good proseguimento in the search!
Obviously the translation is inexact, but it gives you a pretty good idea of the content of the letter.
Donna Pellegrin
Re: Translation.......
Thank you............
wldspirit
Lee
wldspirit
Lee
Re: Translation.......
I just received a marriage license from 1891, I recognize most of the words, but the following words I do not quite understand, this is from a Church in Fairview, NJ, formerly known as Shadyside, NJ.
Filium then 2 names that aren't even familiar, and Filiam, and another 2 names that aren't familiar, I just assumed that the parents names were listed on marriage licesenses, these are not even the correct surnames listed. then it shows: Praesentibus testibus and antoher 2 names not of surname, maybe witnesses?
Anyone who can decipher these few words would be appreciated!
Ally
Filium then 2 names that aren't even familiar, and Filiam, and another 2 names that aren't familiar, I just assumed that the parents names were listed on marriage licesenses, these are not even the correct surnames listed. then it shows: Praesentibus testibus and antoher 2 names not of surname, maybe witnesses?
Anyone who can decipher these few words would be appreciated!
Ally
Re: Translation.......
Don't quote me on this one....but it looks and sounds like latin.
wldspirit
wldspirit
Re: Translation.......
Hi for better traslation was better read all document, but I can say that:ally wrote:I just received a marriage license from 1891, I recognize most of the words, but the following words I do not quite understand, this is from a Church in Fairview, NJ, formerly known as Shadyside, NJ.
Filium then 2 names that aren't even familiar, and Filiam, and another 2 names that aren't familiar, I just assumed that the parents names were listed on marriage licesenses, these are not even the correct surnames listed. then it shows: Praesentibus testibus and antoher 2 names not of surname, maybe witnesses?
Anyone who can decipher these few words would be appreciated!
Ally
FILIUM=son
FILIAM=daughter
Praesentibus= they was present
testibus=witnesses..
regards, suanj

