CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
so my moms appointment is the 26th and mine is a week or two after. I have done all of the work ( with help from professionals and you all of course!) . I want to know since my mom is pretty clueless on the process and is really doing this for me , can I go in to the appointment with her ? it says no in the email but she really is clueless. It is the NYC consulate. Any thoughts?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
I don't think it will be an issue.
But, don't even think about trying to discuss your own case during the meeting!
Are you and your mom applying through different lines?
But, don't even think about trying to discuss your own case during the meeting!
Are you and your mom applying through different lines?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Same line and i won't . I will ask will they have the paper work still there bc I don't have doubles but I'm not Gina try to slip my case in I can wait the week
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
I've heard stories that it's a small waiting area, and although they do not explicitely say don't bring anybody, it is frowned upon. This is based on hear say and not my own account.
How I understand is they have 3-4 chairs in a cramped hallway....
However, if being present with your mother is critical I am sure NYC will be understanding of this.
How I understand is they have 3-4 chairs in a cramped hallway....
However, if being present with your mother is critical I am sure NYC will be understanding of this.
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
If you are both claiming through the same line, couldn't you have shared an appt? Maybe that would be too easy 
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
That was going to be my first question as well, but I figured it was too obvious to comment on! 
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
To be honest I'm just a douche. We both had appointments right after eachother but Agee waiting a year I got impatient and moved hers up. From what I was told no we can't share. I was advised to move hers up by abtran so they could review for mine . After I changed I realized I'm a moron
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
it's okay, we all have moronic days, unfortunetly yours came with bad timing and a horrifically difficult place to lock down meetings! 
Just hope it all works out in the end for ya! Good luck with the meetings.
Just hope it all works out in the end for ya! Good luck with the meetings.
- JavaisLife
- Veteran

- Posts: 133
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 22:02
- Location: NYC
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Hi - Call the Consulate, and tell them that you'd like to go and walk your mom through the appointment, since you did all the legwork. Ask to be noted on her appointment (just because you ask - does not mean they will, but ask kindly and they have the power to approve your participation).
I asked if I could sit in on both my mothers and brothers case coming up. I was given permission. However, I do expect possible issues on the day of their appointment. In short, call and ask for their permission - they will note it in the calendar for your mom's appointment.
*** As mentioned before, do NOT discuss your case.
This is the direct line for the NYC Consulate Citizenship office:
1 (212) 439-8602
You can ONLY call them between 3:30 - 5:30 (they are in appointments before that). You may even get the man/woman who will be reviewing your case. When I called last, I recognized Emilano's voice on the other end
- M
I asked if I could sit in on both my mothers and brothers case coming up. I was given permission. However, I do expect possible issues on the day of their appointment. In short, call and ask for their permission - they will note it in the calendar for your mom's appointment.
*** As mentioned before, do NOT discuss your case.
This is the direct line for the NYC Consulate Citizenship office:
1 (212) 439-8602
You can ONLY call them between 3:30 - 5:30 (they are in appointments before that). You may even get the man/woman who will be reviewing your case. When I called last, I recognized Emilano's voice on the other end
- M
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
O man what should i say ? What should I do because they might say well if everything is in order then I'm
Not needed
Not needed
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
You think it's better for me to just show up and hope they are in a good mood?
- JavaisLife
- Veteran

- Posts: 133
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 22:02
- Location: NYC
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Dude - now you're over thinking. What should you say???? What you typed above. "Hey, I'd like to join my mom in her appointment, for (insert your reason) ... I collected all her papers. Due to her work schedule I have taken on the responsibility in collecting all documents for her application. In the event something needs to be changed I'd like to be at the appointment w/ her so I can ask you directly what more is needed.
Use the phrase - in the event that something else is needed, or needs to be changed.
And if everything is in order and you're not needed, then you had the please to see the inside of the NYC Consulate. Which you've always wanted to do since you were a little child. .... ;P
Use the phrase - in the event that something else is needed, or needs to be changed.
- JavaisLife
- Veteran

- Posts: 133
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 22:02
- Location: NYC
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
No. I would not suggest that at all. Do not be afraid to call them on the phone. I found them to be rather nice and full of information on the phone. Just ask, worst case they say no.
If you prefer, don't give them your last name or appointment date until you explain your request.
"Hi, my mothers appointment is coming up in MONTH X. I'd like to join her because I did all the leg work ... further reasons .... Would it be possible if I sat in on her appointment to take notes?
If they say no - say thank you for their time, and hang up
If they say yes - say thank you and give them your last name and appointment date and time.
You have no idea how many times I called their office. I hope they don't have caller ID
If you prefer, don't give them your last name or appointment date until you explain your request.
"Hi, my mothers appointment is coming up in MONTH X. I'd like to join her because I did all the leg work ... further reasons .... Would it be possible if I sat in on her appointment to take notes?
If they say no - say thank you for their time, and hang up
If they say yes - say thank you and give them your last name and appointment date and time.
You have no idea how many times I called their office. I hope they don't have caller ID
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Will they even let mr in the building if I'm not on the list?
- JavaisLife
- Veteran

- Posts: 133
- Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 22:02
- Location: NYC
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
You're getting ahead of yourself. ...
Call them and ask - If they say yes to your request, you will be noted on the appointment.
If they say no - all these questions you're plaguing yourself with are moot.
They are, obviously, the final say on what can and cannot be done - just ask.
Its okay to sincerely not know something. Haven't you ever called Customer Support to ask a dumb question?!?
- M
Call them and ask - If they say yes to your request, you will be noted on the appointment.
If they say no - all these questions you're plaguing yourself with are moot.
They are, obviously, the final say on what can and cannot be done - just ask.
Its okay to sincerely not know something. Haven't you ever called Customer Support to ask a dumb question?!?
- M