I am looking to identify the parents of Guiseppe Lapolla (born about 1885) from Eredita Salerno who came to the US in 2/5/1909. His wife (from Ogliasto Cilento), Giovanna D'agosto (born about 1886) came to the US in 3/23/1920 with son Angelo.
They went to Uniontown PA and then to Brooklyn NY. They had more children; Anna, Emilio, Jospehina, Caterina and Filomena. I can't find any death records in the US that normally would give parent's names.
I'm new at this so any help/direction would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
Re: Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
Hello and welcome to the forum-
There is Jennie Lapolla in the NYC death index who died in Queens and not Brooklyn, but I have ancestors who lived in Brooklyn and died in Queens hospitals, and their death records were filed in Queens.
Lapolla Jennie 67 y Sep 8 1947 7792 Queens
Jennie was often a nickname for Giovanna. I know this person was born about 1880, according to her age given in the index, so she may not be yours. Personally I have found that ages on the death records from the NYC municipal archives have not been accurate. They are only as accurate as the knowledge of the informant who gave the information.
If you think this might be your ancestor, you can get a copy of the record. by referring to the following website:
http://italiangen.org/NYCDeath.stm
There is Jennie Lapolla in the NYC death index who died in Queens and not Brooklyn, but I have ancestors who lived in Brooklyn and died in Queens hospitals, and their death records were filed in Queens.
Lapolla Jennie 67 y Sep 8 1947 7792 Queens
Jennie was often a nickname for Giovanna. I know this person was born about 1880, according to her age given in the index, so she may not be yours. Personally I have found that ages on the death records from the NYC municipal archives have not been accurate. They are only as accurate as the knowledge of the informant who gave the information.
If you think this might be your ancestor, you can get a copy of the record. by referring to the following website:
http://italiangen.org/NYCDeath.stm
Re: Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
Hi 
Did Joseph (Giuseppe) and family live anywhere other than Pennsylvania and Brooklyn? There is a Giuseppe Lapolla in Rhode Island in the census records.
Do you know what Giuseppe's occupation was?
Do you have the ship manifests from 1909 and 1920? And are these immigration dates certain?
T.
Did Joseph (Giuseppe) and family live anywhere other than Pennsylvania and Brooklyn? There is a Giuseppe Lapolla in Rhode Island in the census records.
Do you know what Giuseppe's occupation was?
Do you have the ship manifests from 1909 and 1920? And are these immigration dates certain?
T.
Re: Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
For reference purposes... Ship manifest for Giuseppe 1909
Going to brother-in-law Nicola d'Agosto in Uniontown PA
Page 1 - Line 12
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0012
Page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0012
T.
Going to brother-in-law Nicola d'Agosto in Uniontown PA
Page 1 - Line 12
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0012
Page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0012
T.
Re: Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
AGain for reference purpose...manifest of Giovanna and Angelo 1920
going to husband/father Giuseppe La Pollo in Uniontown PA
Page 1 - Lines 6 and 7
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007
Page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007
On the line below Angelo is Antonio Massanova...though the line seems crossed out, he is also going to Giuseppe LaPollo, his cousin, at the same address in Uniontown PA.
T.
going to husband/father Giuseppe La Pollo in Uniontown PA
Page 1 - Lines 6 and 7
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007
Page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007
On the line below Angelo is Antonio Massanova...though the line seems crossed out, he is also going to Giuseppe LaPollo, his cousin, at the same address in Uniontown PA.
T.
Re: Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
Wow! Having a tough time finding them in a census ... 
Even searching children's names....
T.
Even searching children's names....
T.
!
Thanks for all the feedback from everyone!
I don't believe the one in Rhode Island is the one, the occupation was not correct. I believe Guiseppe was a stone mason - not sure?
I will have to check out the info for the Jennie that died in Queens in 1947. I just asked my wife (Marino/Signoretti parents - a whole other search)(dob 1957) and she said her grandmother had passed away before she was born so this is a possibility.
I think Antonia Massanova missed a couple boats he was suppose to be on. I saw the note about going to Uniontwon PA for his brother in law Guiseppe Lapolla, but think he came on a later boat bound for Patterson NJ.
Catherine (Lapolla) Marino is living but doesn't remember much. The one thing I did do was track down Angelo Lapolla's death on Suffolk NY 1984 and have order the social security info. I know it will only have his parents Guiseppe and Giovanna but I hope maybe it has another clue.
Thanks again!
I don't believe the one in Rhode Island is the one, the occupation was not correct. I believe Guiseppe was a stone mason - not sure?
I will have to check out the info for the Jennie that died in Queens in 1947. I just asked my wife (Marino/Signoretti parents - a whole other search)(dob 1957) and she said her grandmother had passed away before she was born so this is a possibility.
I think Antonia Massanova missed a couple boats he was suppose to be on. I saw the note about going to Uniontwon PA for his brother in law Guiseppe Lapolla, but think he came on a later boat bound for Patterson NJ.
Catherine (Lapolla) Marino is living but doesn't remember much. The one thing I did do was track down Angelo Lapolla's death on Suffolk NY 1984 and have order the social security info. I know it will only have his parents Guiseppe and Giovanna but I hope maybe it has another clue.
Thanks again!
Re: !
It should have his place of birth in ItalyTimmwill wrote:The one thing I did do was track down Angelo Lapolla's death on Suffolk NY 1984 and have order the social security info. I know it will only have his parents Guiseppe and Giovanna but I hope maybe it has another clue.
Thanks again!
T.
Re: Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
If you are still searching for your ancestors from Eredita, you might be interested to know that the civil records from 1866-1929 for Ogliastro Cilento, of which Eredita is a frazione, are online at FamilySearch.org. The following URL will take you to the first page and you can search from there: https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... Fwaypoints
Hope you can find what you are looking for!
Hope you can find what you are looking for!
Re: Guiseppe Lapolla from Eredita Salerno
Thanks for the help!! Let the search - continue.


