Samuel Villanti from Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
gminfla
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 14:56

Re: Samuel Villanti from Sicily

Post by gminfla »

DebiHarbuck wrote:What would be the Italian name for someone called "Samuel"? Salvatore?

http://postimage.org/image/1t3apfqw4/
Apparently, his name was "Salvatore" on the 1930 census record, so this must be his immigration record, the age and town in Sicily match our records. He used "Samuel" on his WWI registration and on the 1920 Census. I am not able to view the original 1930 census record, could you please furnish it when you get a chance? Thank You very much.
User avatar
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite
Posts: 353
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52

Re: Samuel Villanti from Sicily

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Here's links to both the 1920 and 1930 (I wasn't clear which you didn't have, so I pulled both :) )

1920: http://postimage.org/image/2webgrfd0/

1930: http://postimage.org/image/1z7h1a1d0/
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
User avatar
gminfla
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 14:56

Re: Samuel Villanti from Sicily

Post by gminfla »

DebiHarbuck wrote:Here's links to both the 1920 and 1930 (I wasn't clear which you didn't have, so I pulled both :) )

1920: http://postimage.org/image/2webgrfd0/

1930: http://postimage.org/image/1z7h1a1d0/
Thank you very much, I was able to read their occupations also.
User avatar
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite
Posts: 353
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52

Re: Samuel Villanti from Sicily

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Your Salvatore seems to have done very well for himself. :) I am glad I could help.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Post Reply