CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
- Gianna75010
- Rookie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:41
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
I just contacted the NEWARK consulate to see if my parents could come to my appointment for citizenship with me. They are not applying for citizenship now but might be interested in the future) I didn't want to piss the consulate off by having them just show up with me. The response I got was "L'appuntamento di cittadinanza e' strettamente personale." Guess that means I will be going alone. 
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
I wonder if they'd let them with you, if they were applying for citizenship to. You'd think they'd want to kill two birds with one stone with how backed up things are.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
- Gianna75010
- Rookie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:41
Re: CAN I GO WITH MY MOM TO THE APPOINTMENT?
Well, since they told me that they couldn't come with me to the appointment, I have another idea. I'll have them come with me but stay in the lobby of the main building and not even come up to the consulate (I'll need moral support for when my appointment is over). At the end of my appointment, I'll ask about my parents. If I'm lucky and they consulate is willing to submit everything together, then I can always have my parents come up to the consulate and sign anything they need to at that time. Otherwise, they will have to schedule a separate appointment which will take another year or so. They're not in a rush to get citizenship so I guess they can wait. It would just be easier if everything could be submitted together.