Is marriage certificate needed
Is marriage certificate needed
My son is applying in Chicago. Does he have to have a copy of his marriage certificate when he applys. His wife is a German national and has no interest in Italian citizenship. Thank you
Re: Is marriage certificate needed
He will still require a certified and translated copy of his marriage certificate. Italian law requires that all "life events" be reported to and recorded at his ancestral comune. Thus, in order for his citizenship to be recognized, the comune needs to catch-up on all of the life events that were not recorded as they occurred. This includes his marriage (which is a major life event, for sure!).
Re: Is marriage certificate needed
Thank you, I will let him know.
Re: Is marriage certificate needed
Uwlaw,
Thanks for the explaination, I often wondered why do they request marriage, divorce & death certificates? As none of these prove Lineage, but broadening the scope beyond Lineage yes then I can see these are all certainly "Life Events".
Thanks for the explaination, I often wondered why do they request marriage, divorce & death certificates? As none of these prove Lineage, but broadening the scope beyond Lineage yes then I can see these are all certainly "Life Events".

