Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citizens
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citizens
Is there any thing I need to do or register with to make sure I do. Not lose my American citizenship?
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citi
Nope.
It is nearly impossible to lose your US citizenship, even if you wanted to. See http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship ... p_776.html
It is nearly impossible to lose your US citizenship, even if you wanted to. See http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship ... p_776.html
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citi
Carmine is correct. Many people with dual citizenship who wish to renounce their US citizenship in order to avoid double taxation are right now learning just how hard it is to do so. There is a waiting list of nearly a year at the US consulate in London for those who are attempting to renounce.
Note also that if you are applying for jure sanguinis citizenship, you are not even naturalizing in a foreign country by having your Italian citizenship recognized. Rather, you have been a citizen since birth and are simply asking for confirmation of that fact.
Note also that if you are applying for jure sanguinis citizenship, you are not even naturalizing in a foreign country by having your Italian citizenship recognized. Rather, you have been a citizen since birth and are simply asking for confirmation of that fact.
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: Is Th anything to do so I don't lose ameerican citi
That's what I thought I just wanted to be sure. I am happy to be an Italian but i would never give up my American citizenship
