In a couple of civil records for an ancestor, the record refers to "di Palu al Maso dei Cerchi"
I am attempting to figure out if this literally means from someplace close to Palu or if there is an actual city called Cerchi.
I can not locate it on a map, and as I stated, it is on 3 separate civil record from Palu di Giovo.
someplace near Palu di Giovo
Re: someplace near Palu di Giovo
Could you post the record for us to look at?
T.
T.
Re: someplace near Palu di Giovo
This is the death record for my 5th great grandfather, Pietro Dallona who died 18/2/1833 at the age of 64.
The record lists his place of residence as #24 Maso Cerchi, and a peasant farmer of di Palu al Maso dei Cerchi, if I read it correctly.
I cannot find Maso dei Cerchi.
Thank you
The record lists his place of residence as #24 Maso Cerchi, and a peasant farmer of di Palu al Maso dei Cerchi, if I read it correctly.
I cannot find Maso dei Cerchi.
Thank you
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: someplace near Palu di Giovo
There are 6 PALU 5 of which are "frazione" or abosrbed hamlets by other towns (Comune) and the one remaining is a town in its own right.
Go to www.mappe.com and then select Italy and put in PALU di Giovo and click..... look for the remaining 5 PALU geographically to get oriented. =Peter=
Go to www.mappe.com and then select Italy and put in PALU di Giovo and click..... look for the remaining 5 PALU geographically to get oriented. =Peter=
~Peter~
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: someplace near Palu di Giovo
"Maso" is the name given to farmsteads in the eastern Alps.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: someplace near Palu di Giovo
The website is now www.mappy.com and not the previous spelling since its undergoing changes. =Peter+
~Peter~
Re: someplace near Palu di Giovo
It seems that the name of the city that my Dallona family is from is actually SERCI, Giovo, Trento, Italy. I cannot seem to find that city when I do a search in the LDS film search to locate the films I would need for that city, however.
Does anyone have any idea what films I would order for researching baptismal and marriage in SERCI?
Does anyone have any idea what films I would order for researching baptismal and marriage in SERCI?
