FICO/BAGNUOLO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: FICO/BAGNUOLO

Post by vj »

ourpops2 wrote:Valarie,
I was wondering if you could tell me what the PA stands for on the passenger manifest.
Hi!
I don't see PA on the manifests, but on a census it stands for 1st papers
It means they stated that they filed their first papers for naturalization.
AL - alien
PA - 1st papers
NA - naturalized citizen
User avatar
ourpops2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 03 Dec 2010, 21:08
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia

Re: FICO/BAGNUOLO

Post by ourpops2 »

Ok, thanks. I think it was on the 1930 census that I saw it posted. But now
I can trace and see if she became a naturalized citizen.
sji2006
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jul 2016, 19:09

Re: FICO/BAGNUOLO

Post by sji2006 »

vj wrote:From your family pages, is this the manifest that belongs to your grandmother?

Notation B.U.S. may indicate Born in the United States

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3903/1909c.jpg
http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/7834/190901.jpg

line 25
Ship Name: Verona
Arrival Date: 6 Dec 1909
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Name: MO Giuseppa Bagnnoli (Maria Giuseppa Bagnuoli/o)
Age: 22 Birth Year: abt 1887
Birth Location: New York
Birth Location Other: New York
Gender: Female
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)

Notes:
Leaving mother Mariarosa in Ricigliano
(Ricigliano, province of Salerno, Campania)
Destination Brooklyn NY
In US before, NY
Joining brother-in-law Saverio Iacullo(?)
Born in NY NY
---

Marriage Records

Fico Tommaso Dec 3 1911 12516 (1911) Kings
Bagnuiolo Giuseppina Dec 3 1911 12516 (1911) Kings
---

Maria Giuseppina Bagnuolo's sister and brother's-in-law marriage record?

Jacullo Saverio Aug 16 1896 13235 (1896) Manhattan
(probably Iacullo)
Bognuold Nunziota Aug 16 1896 13235 (1896) Manhattan
(probably Bagnuolo, Nunziata/Annunciata)

If you think that Nunziata Bagnuolo may be related to your family, there are family pages on ancestry. com
GIURATO/JOHNSON Family Tree
---

from NYC records by the Italian Genealogical Group
http://www.italiangen.org/
Ordering NYC Vital Records
New York City Archives
I recognize that this is resurrecting a dead thread, but in doing genealogical research for my family, this popped up. My great grandfather was Saverio Iacullo, and the Saverio Iacullo mentioned in this thread may be him. I am almost certain he was from Ricigliano. However, his wife (as we knew her) was Maria Barrone. This could be entirely incorrect, or the Anglicized version of Nunziata Bagnuolo (Maybe Maria Nunziata Bagnuolo)?
Post Reply