Looking for Liberatore Family!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Rivers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 18:33

Re: Looking for Liberatore Family!

Post by Rivers »

Hello Carissa,
My great grandfather was Giovanni Liberatore, born in Caramanico, Abruzzo region (very beautiful I may add), I have visited Liberatore family in Chieti. I am trying to figure out if some of the names you mentioned were my great grand father's brothers. Have you come across
any of these names in your search? Giovanni Liberatore married my great grandmother Angelantonia Del Raso. Their childrens names are Maria Luisa (my grandmother), Gaetano, Maria Carmela, Anna Graziella, Michele, Elena and Antonio - born 09 December 1901. Any other information would be welcomed. Thank you. River
User avatar
CarissaLiberatore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Nov 2008, 18:50

Re: Looking for Liberatore Family!

Post by CarissaLiberatore »

I have put together an online website with my family tree and what I have so far. Please take a look and let me know if you find any matches. (Even if they are not Liberatores)

http://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/invite ... ore_475759
pass: Liberator
User avatar
CarissaLiberatore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Nov 2008, 18:50

Re: Looking for Liberatore Family!

Post by CarissaLiberatore »

Still working on updating the Liberatore side. The only place I can really look now is Antonio's half-brother Belisario after they came to America. My path as thus far ended in Pietraferrazzana, Chieti, Italy.

The last full record I have is:

Martino Liberatore (A Belisario Liberatore is to be his father, a Maria Scoping his mother)

b. 1823, Pietraferrazzana, Chieti, Italy

m. Scopino, Angela R.
Feb 20 1851
Pietraferrazzana, Chieti, Italy

m. Scopino, Lucia
Jul 16 1859
Pietraferrazzana, Chieti, Italy

The Belisario I'm looking for is son of Angela R. Scopino (1851) & Martino Liberatore (1823)

The record I have for Belisario:

* Siblings
o Antonio (half-brother : 1867)

Liberatore, Belisario

* b. Jul 12 1852
o Pietraferrazzana, Chieti, Italy
* e. Christening
o Jul 13 1852
o PIetraferrazzana, Chieti, Italy
* e. Immigration
o Apr 09 1891
o Ship: Birmania, Origin: Abruzzo, Itally
* e. Census
o 1920
o Age 68 at the time.

Please see the above links for a more comprehensive Liberatore Family Tree. This tree also includes the last names of Jodice (Giudice), Aiken, and Santarlasci.
LMD777
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 00:42

Re: Looking for Liberatore Family!

Post by LMD777 »

Carissa, I am researching the same Liberatore family as you are.
My partner of many years is John Liberatore, son of Martin Anthony Liberatore (b. 1923), ggrandson of Antonio Liberatore, and grandnephew of your ggrandfather Attilio (brother of John's grandfather Martin F. Liberatore).
I too have hit the wall at Pietraferrazana Italy but I have some info that your tree is missing and you may have documentation on some info I am looking for.
Please contact us if you would like to share info.

Lisa D.
Liberatore11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 24 Jul 2011, 05:31

Re: Looking for Liberatore Family!

Post by Liberatore11 »

Carissa,

Bellisario Liberatore is my great great great grandfather. his son Angelo Nicola Liberatore is my great great grandfather and Ettore his son is my great grandfather. I would love for us to share info with each other. send me a message if you would like to?

Melissa
Post Reply