T.
Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger
Re: Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger
Great find on that OBIT, Carmine!!! 
T.
T.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger
Thanks, but it doesn't help much.Tessa78 wrote:Great find on that OBIT, Carmine!!!
T.
I was hoping to find one for Giuseppe or Rosa that mentioned their place of birth.
Nothing yet...
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger
Welll... there were several additional children (siblings of Vincent) who may provide leads...
Maybe something will come of that...
T.
Maybe something will come of that...
T.
Re: Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger
SSDI for Giuseppe and Rose's son Benjamin, born 1908...
Social Security Death Index
about Benjamin Morello
Name: Benjamin Morello
SSN: 053-05-9198
Last Residence: 11010 Franklin Square, Nassau, New York, United States of America
Born: 21 May 1908
Died: Nov 1976
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)
Do you think parents place of birth (other than just "Italy" might be on the SS application?
T.
Social Security Death Index
about Benjamin Morello
Name: Benjamin Morello
SSN: 053-05-9198
Last Residence: 11010 Franklin Square, Nassau, New York, United States of America
Born: 21 May 1908
Died: Nov 1976
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)
Do you think parents place of birth (other than just "Italy" might be on the SS application?
T.
Re: Help with a ship manifest - origin of passenger
Ok so I ordered Giuseppe Morello's naturalization documents from the NARA and it's an older form unlike ones I've seen before. It's from 1906 with his declaration of intent dated in 1899. Neither one states his place of birth aside from just saying Italy. Back to square one....
I'm going to order his death certificate from NYC to see if it says anything. So far the death certificates I've seen from NYC also only say Italy as place of birth but it's worth a shot to see if I get lucky.
Thanks all.
I'm going to order his death certificate from NYC to see if it says anything. So far the death certificates I've seen from NYC also only say Italy as place of birth but it's worth a shot to see if I get lucky.
Thanks all.
