I am trying to find the grave of my ancestor Capt John Martin Hanchett who died on 6 July 1862 in Bagni de Lucca. I believe he is buried in the English Cemetery there.
He lived for many years with a family at the Casa Benedetti. Does anyone know if there are any records for that cemetery and if there is a list of memorial gravestones?
Gracie
Deanna
Bagni de Lucca
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Bagni de Lucca
Italian cemeteries ("cimitero" singular / "cimiteri" plural) are operated by the comune. You can try contacting the comune for information regarding the burial; you can also request a copy of the death certificate ("Atto di Morte").
Bagni di Lucca contact person: Paolo Michelini, email: p.michelini@comunebagnidilucca.it (remove the spaces)
Bagni di Lucca website: http://www.comunebagnidilucca.com/default.aspx
Wikipedia's page on the Cimiterio Inglese: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimitero_inglese
Google translation of same: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... 1&ie=utf-8
Bagni di Lucca contact person: Paolo Michelini, email: p.michelini@comunebagnidilucca.it (remove the spaces)
Bagni di Lucca website: http://www.comunebagnidilucca.com/default.aspx
Wikipedia's page on the Cimiterio Inglese: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimitero_inglese
Google translation of same: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... 1&ie=utf-8
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Bagni de Lucca
Thank you I will try there.
Deanne
Deanne
