Could anyone please assist me with the name of the city on this record? This is a baptismal record for one of my gr. gr. grandmothers. The baptismal was conducted in Pressano, Lavis, Trento, Italy. I can read:
Rosa Trentin, dal P____ di Castello, possibly?
Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Rick
Help with city name
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with city name
Pian di Castello?
Re: Help with city name
It looks like her father and one of the witnesses were possibly from Lasignano.
Would this have been typical for the turn of the 18th century? That's a long distance away.
Thank you,
Rick
Would this have been typical for the turn of the 18th century? That's a long distance away.
Thank you,
Rick
Re: Help with city name
Sorry, I actually have it figured out. It is Castello Tesino in Trento. The priests "T" looks like an "L"
Thank you for the help.
Rick
Thank you for the help.
Rick
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with city name
I don't understand.rwelgin1 wrote:Sorry, I actually have it figured out. It is Castello Tesino in Trento. The priests "T" looks like an "L"
Thank you for the help.
Rick
How can you read Castello Tesino in the image that you have posted?

Re: Help with city name
under her father's name it says "di Lasino"
when I did a look up in Family Search for locations, I entered Castello. It came up with Castello Tesino, which is in Trento, not very far from Pressano.
There is also Cinte Tesino and Pieve Tesino, which is the city the priest may have been trying to spell. Not certain.
I guess his T's look like L's.
when I did a look up in Family Search for locations, I entered Castello. It came up with Castello Tesino, which is in Trento, not very far from Pressano.
There is also Cinte Tesino and Pieve Tesino, which is the city the priest may have been trying to spell. Not certain.
I guess his T's look like L's.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with city name
OK. That's not on the image hat you posted!rwelgin1 wrote:under her father's name it says "di Lasino"
when I did a look up in Family Search for locations, I entered Castello. It came up with Castello Tesino, which is in Trento, not very far from Pressano.
There is also Cinte Tesino and Pieve Tesino, which is the city the priest may have been trying to spell. Not certain.
I guess his T's look like L's.
