Does anyone know of a way to look at the Civil Registration records from Gaeta in the 1880s and 1890s? I'm looking for a couple of births cerca 1885 - 1895.
The familysearch website has microfilm, but it only goes up to 1865.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Gaeta+%28++
There are church records too, but those only cover 1821 - 1825.
I've already sent a physical letter to the comune of Gaeta requesting the birth records, but I would like to look through the records myself if possible.
Gaeta Records From The 1880s and 1890s
Re: Records From Gaeta In the 1880s and 1890s
For some reason could be wartime, records destroyed If you read about Gaeta Italy the Germans during WWII move amost all the people out of the town according to history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaeta
Marty A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaeta
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Gaeta Records From The 1880s and 1890s
Hi adelfio,
Thanks for the response. I've received birth records from the 1880s from the Gaeta comune in the past, so I don't think that those records were destroyed in the war.
Does anyone have know of a microfilm or online source for Gaeta records from the 1880s and 1890s?
Thanks for the response. I've received birth records from the 1880s from the Gaeta comune in the past, so I don't think that those records were destroyed in the war.
Does anyone have know of a microfilm or online source for Gaeta records from the 1880s and 1890s?
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Gaeta Records From The 1880s and 1890s
There are VERY FEW On line resources for Italian civil records especially those after 1865.
Some Comunes won't let a personal visitor even view the records. i.e. Rome, Roccasecca but Gaeta might. I would ask before buying a plane ticket.
Some Comunes won't let a personal visitor even view the records. i.e. Rome, Roccasecca but Gaeta might. I would ask before buying a plane ticket.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
