Hi Guys,
I just booked my appointment at the Miami Consulate and was given an appointment in June 2012! Is there any way to go to another consulate or to have this done in Italy? I live in Florida by the way. Thanks for any information!
Miami Consulate - 17 Month Wait Time!
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: Miami Consulate - 17 Month Wait Time!
you can have it done in italy when you are a legal resident there. as far as another consulate no you can not unless a legal resident there.
Re: Miami Consulate - 17 Month Wait Time!
I thought I read something on here about an attorney in Italy who provides assistance if you want to go to Italy to obtain dual citizenship. I believe his first name was Luigi.
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: Miami Consulate - 17 Month Wait Time!
yes I am actually the one who contacted him. he charges about 2500 euros and operates out of bologna. takes about 5 months. he claims you go there stay a couple days then sign over power of attorney to him and he finishes it up for you. he says some times you may need to come back but unlikely.
http://www.luigipaiano.com/eng/
http://www.luigipaiano.com/eng/
Re: Miami Consulate - 17 Month Wait Time!
Thanks a lot for the info and link!
Re: Miami Consulate - 17 Month Wait Time!
Wow, that seems like a long time, but it will go by quickly! I am calling the Miami Consulate tomorrow to make my appointment, and it's ok if it is far off in the future because I have a lot of preparation to do... plus it gives me a future date to work towards, as I am good with deadlines looming...
good luck!
good luck!
