I just received a response from the state regarding my great grandfathers naturalization. Until this point i didn't even know he had applied. But sure enough they included a copy of the "Petition for naturalization" and a "declaration of intent" There was a lot of useful information including a picture on these documents. Makes me wish i started with these!! Anyway i was wondering if i would need these copies for citizenship application or the Letter that came with them that states He was: "not admitted due to death"
the reason i ask is the photo copies they sent of these documents is pretty poor quality...I guess another question i have is Will this document alone be sufficient or do i need a response from the federal government as well???
thanks for any help!!
naturalization papers
Re: naturalization papers
On the papers you have , you should see written his date of naturalization and number of certificate.
Ask to USCIS , or Court House to issue that, so you have complete paperworks to appy for italian citizenship.
I suggest you this, so at least you dont need to go to consulate twice because some papers are missed in your application.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Ask to USCIS , or Court House to issue that, so you have complete paperworks to appy for italian citizenship.
I suggest you this, so at least you dont need to go to consulate twice because some papers are missed in your application.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Re: naturalization papers
The letter I have from the supreme judicial court lists a petition # and then certificate # "none". Then it reads date of admission : "not admitted due to death" this letter is signed and sealed by the head of archives at the supreme judicial court of Massachusetts
Re: naturalization papers
oh I see, so he was not in time to get it because he died earlier, at this point it is ok, you can use those papers you already have
bye Riccardo
bye Riccardo
Re: naturalization papers
Thats good to know because i just got a letter from USCIS stating that it will be at least 120 days for them to process my request
Re: naturalization papers
Who did you contact to find out if they had any naturalization records on your family?
Any info would be helpful?
Thanks
Andrea
Any info would be helpful?
Thanks
Andrea
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: naturalization papers
Answered in your other thread, http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/view ... 20668.htmlAfonti wrote:Who did you contact to find out if they had any naturalization records on your family?
Any info would be helpful?
Thanks
Andrea
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!


