Nicosia family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 208
Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00

Re: Nicosia family

Post by juanminbar »

mfjp wrote:Also, the info Juanminbar posted is really good... have your mom write a letter too... Good night!!
===========================================================i just picked up on your message. when searching i use a number of sites. what i like to do is zero in on the data that applies. i copy that info and set it aside till i collect additional..same process...then i paste it. it saves posting more than once.

juan
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Heh everyone just wanted to let you know that we were successful in our search today.We had tried all the ones in Italy and Buenos Aires with no such luck.Today I was looking in other parts of Argentina and ended up finding one we phoned it and good thing for my mom beeing able to talk Italian it was his daughter who had the same name of my mother she asked my mom right away if she was Flora's daughter that they had been looking for my grandma and mother to.It was quite exciting finally beeing able to tell my grandma that we had found him just wanted to say thanks to everyone that tried to help in my search but now this search is completed.Have a good day.....Good luck to everyone in there search as I found out everything and anything is possible....
Joey
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by wldspirit »

Congratulations........ :D
wldspirit
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Hello everyone
It is me again it seem like I have come to another dead end after I posted my last posting I have been in contact with 2 Nicosia's one from Argentina and one in the USA they think that we might be related but are not 100% sure how do I go about to find the information on who was Giovanni's parents and who were Giovanni's sibling they were all born in Vittoria Sicily like I had said it my first posting I believe that Giovanni could have had 17 brothers and sisters but am unsure of this it is only what I have heard from an aunt of mine that has passed away before I started my search.Any help will be much appreciated.Have a good day.....
sincerely,Joey
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by wldspirit »

Sending for a stato di famiglia originario, (original state of the family)certificate, also called, stato di famiglia storico, (historical state of the family) to the town of origin.....
will list ( according to Trafford Cole's book) all members of a family, past and present, including those who moved away or died. Held by the ufficio di stato civile.........
wldspirit

* now all you need is the address.......any one can help here??
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Nicosia family

Post by VaDeb »

Region Sicily
Province Ragusa (RG)
Comune Vittoria

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/088/012/index.html

There is microfilm records of this town if you want to research yourself:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

How to use these records (written by Trish)
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

Debbie
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Thanks for the info wildspirit and vaDeb but I have been trying to figure out the web site for researching yourself but cannot understand it.I know that Giovanni was born in 1900 but the records just go to 1899.Would I beable to find out the information I am looking for if I went to a family history center?If so where would I start first?Would it be with Giovanni's birth certificate?And then what document would I find the list of his sibblings in,We donot know in what order Giovannis birth was if he was the first born last born or what.Any information anyone can help with would be much appreciated.Have a good day everybody!!!!
Joey
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by suanj »

j.sikkens wrote:Heh everyone just wanted to let you know that we were successful in our search today.We had tried all the ones in Italy and Buenos Aires with no such luck.Today I was looking in other parts of Argentina and ended up finding one we phoned it and good thing for my mom beeing able to talk Italian it was his daughter who had the same name of my mother she asked my mom right away if she was Flora's daughter that they had been looking for my grandma and mother to.It was quite exciting finally beeing able to tell my grandma that we had found him just wanted to say thanks to everyone that tried to help in my search but now this search is completed.Have a good day.....Good luck to everyone in there search as I found out everything and anything is possible....
Joey
here is mentioned an Alberto Nicosia in Argentina... see please http://www.laopinion-rafaela.com.ar/opi ... 3c3115.htm
and more http://www.proyectando.com.ar/noticia/notic288.htm
are possible that are related your Alberto?
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Hello Suanj
I have already found Alberto in Salta Argentina we have been in contact with him and his kids so I am not needing no more information on him,it was very exciting to have found him he is planning to come visit my grandmother and the family in the fall,that will be very exciting for my grandmother they have lost 45 years of there life not beeing able to find each so this will be a reunion I believe no one will forget.Alberto was young when his dad Giovanni died so he doesnot really know nothing of his dad's side of the family and is wanting to know more along with my grandmother so that is why I decided to keep the search going.While I was searching I come across another forum that was looking for Nicosia's so that is how I found Salvatore Nicosia in Mar Del Plata Argentina and Vicky Nicosia in usa she had married a Nicosia there.Both have been searching since the year 2000 with no luck so I have been corresponding with them through e-mails and trying to figure it out with no luck but somethings that Salvatore tells me makes me think that he is related and somethings I tell him makes him think that were related but it is hard to know for sure that is why I feel that I have to find out who Giovanni's parents were and then try to find out who all the sibblings were.He knows that his grandfathers name was Salvatore to and says his dad's name was Dominico.So that is why I'm trying to find the information on Giovanni's parents and siblings.Would I beable to find this information at the family center or do I need to contact Italy directly?I have been in contact with a cousin of mine in Italy do you think that she would beable to get me this information?All help is much appreciated.....
Thanks,Joey
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by wldspirit »

Both Trish and James have done volunteer work with the Lds.....
and James has done extensive work with Lds microfilm.........
my town of origin has not been microfilmed, so I am not familiar with
the exact process of researching this source..........perhaps you could pm either of them.......
best of luck.........
wldspirit
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by suanj »

j.sikkens wrote:Hello Suanj
I have already found Alberto in Salta Argentina we have been in contact with him and his kids so I am not needing no more information on him,it was very exciting to have found him he is planning to come visit my grandmother and the family in the fall,that will be very exciting for my grandmother they have lost 45 years of there life not beeing able to find each so this will be a reunion I believe no one will forget.Alberto was young when his dad Giovanni died so he doesnot really know nothing of his dad's side of the family and is wanting to know more along with my grandmother so that is why I decided to keep the search going.While I was searching I come across another forum that was looking for Nicosia's so that is how I found Salvatore Nicosia in Mar Del Plata Argentina and Vicky Nicosia in usa she had married a Nicosia there.Both have been searching since the year 2000 with no luck so I have been corresponding with them through e-mails and trying to figure it out with no luck but somethings that Salvatore tells me makes me think that he is related and somethings I tell him makes him think that were related but it is hard to know for sure that is why I feel that I have to find out who Giovanni's parents were and then try to find out who all the sibblings were.He knows that his grandfathers name was Salvatore to and says his dad's name was Dominico.So that is why I'm trying to find the information on Giovanni's parents and siblings.Would I beable to find this information at the family center or do I need to contact Italy directly?I have been in contact with a cousin of mine in Italy do you think that she would beable to get me this information?All help is much appreciated.....
Thanks,Joey

Hi Joey:
I think that is better to send an request of Alberto Nicosia (emigrated after 1928 in Argentina) with all helpful data that you know, here:
---------------------------------------------
-Dirección Nacional de Migraciones

En Buenos Aires
Av. Antártida Argentina 1355

(1104) Capital Federal
Mesa de entradas 4317-0360

Conmutador 4317-0200

4317-0273 4312-0474/94
http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/migraciones/

4317-0200 4315-0443/ 0299

info@migraciones.gov.ar

Entradas de pasajeros a Argentina desde 1928 a la actualidad

Lunes a Viernes de 9 a12 hs. La consulta cuesta $25.
----------------------------------------

so you can descover exactly some data just ... why many Nicosia came in Argentina, and Alberto is very common first name ...


-In Italy are possible to request in Vittoria Common:

Servizi Demografici
via Cavour, 463
97019 Vittoria (RG)
Italia
Fax +39 0932 981000


for:

-Giovanni NICOSIA, if you know birthyear of Giovanni, the "Stato di famiglia(= family certificate: name wife and all childs and all birthdate )" and " Atto di nascita(= birthact)", and for know the Giovanni NICOSIA siblings, after you receive the birthact and you know the name parents, you can request an "certificato Storico di famiglia (= Family story certificate, by payment : 2, 58 euro for 1 member or 5,16 euro for member + stamp; so if are 20 member you pay :2, 58 euros x 20 and ditto for other price) and you can descover all siblings and birthdate and more...


-Alberto NICOSIA you can request "Scheda Anagrafica ( =here are many infos about Alberto, also year of emigration)" and "Atto di nascita (= birthact)" ; this request must make from your gmother Flora living, why is an relative, same surname( for privacy law:before 70 years back only family member can to request the records; alberto is born around 1941 ) and with an photocopy of personal document (exemple; photocopy Flora's passport ).

Hoping helpful, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Wildspirit and suanj I thank -you for your help again,you two have been very helpful and it is much appreciated.I will try to do the things that you give me the information on and see where that takes me.Suanj for the information you sent for Giovanni it says it will list his wife and kids,I know who his wife was and all the kids but will it give me the other information that I am wanting (his parents names).
Well you guys have a great day!!!!!!
Joey
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Hello everyone just me again.I just got an e-mail from my cousin in Italy saying that she would phone and request the information I am looking for.Will she beable to get this information for me as she is not related to this family she is on my dads side not my moms????I just dont want to waste her time if I know that she's unable to get the information.........
Well have a good day everyone..PS My grandma is now unsure if he was born in 1896 or 1900 will I beable to go with these two different years???
Joey
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by suanj »

your cousin can request an search in birthregistries from 1896/1900 or also before and after...suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
j.sikkens
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nicosia family

Post by j.sikkens »

Thanks Suanj.We also have figured out the year he was born and it was 1896 I don't know why she was figuring 1900 at first but now I am sure we have the right year.Have a great day!!!
Joey
Post Reply