My grandmother was supposedly born in the comune of Chieti, in Chieti Abruzzo, 1911. The LDS films stop at 1900 so I wrote a letter to the Stato Civile and they replied they did not have the record. I know some of my grandmother maternal side of the family resided in Brecciarola a few miles from Chieti but I cannot find LDS films for this town, could those records be located in the fims of a larger comune like Chieti or Orsogna? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dara
Comune of Chieti - Vital records for nearby hamlets?
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Comune of Chieti - Vital records for nearby hamlets?
Brecciarola is part of the Comue di Chieti, the vital records should be kept in Chieti.
Re: Comune of Chieti - Vital records for nearby hamlets?
Thanks for your help, I thought the same thing but when I looked on the internet, it said that Brecciarola was a municipality of Orsogna. So now I'm not sure. Perhaps I should just write to Orsogna and see what happens. Thanks Dara
Re: Comune of Chieti - Vital records for nearby hamlets?
Hi, you could try looking in the Comune di Lanciano (Provincia di Chieti)
