Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right area but I need help with the Coat of Arms of Roccamoricci which is in and around Pescara. The symbols seem to be present on many of the Arms of the area but I need clarification.
I have attached a file with a picture of the Coat of Arms.
Here are my questions and if you know the answers, thank you.
First, on the bottom of the COA there are two branches. I "Think" its an oak branch and an olive branch. Is that correct?
The next question is what is the bird represented on top of the hill fort?
Is it a Crow? Eagle? Pheonix?
Any help would be greatly aprecciated.
I need help with the coat of arms of Roccamoricci
Re: I need help with the coat of arms of Roccamoricci
gslarocca
your coat of arms is similar to mine.
the branches are indeed Olive and Oak representing peace and strength
the bird is most likely an Eagle since the Eagle was the symbol for many Italian tribes including the Romans.
I may be wrong because it could easily be an Oceanic bird of prey or a Phoenix as you suggested.
I would do some research however to be certain.
Good luck
P.
your coat of arms is similar to mine.
the branches are indeed Olive and Oak representing peace and strength
the bird is most likely an Eagle since the Eagle was the symbol for many Italian tribes including the Romans.
I may be wrong because it could easily be an Oceanic bird of prey or a Phoenix as you suggested.
I would do some research however to be certain.
Good luck
P.
Ne Plus Ultra
Re: I need help with the coat of arms of Roccamoricci
Thanks for your input P. 
