Malvito Birth records
Malvito Birth records
My husbands grandfather was born June 5, 1885 in Italy. The Ellis Island ship manifest shows he was from Malvito. Where can I write to request verification of his birth?
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Malvito Birth records
You may write to
Comune di Malvito - Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Mario De Iacovo 1
87010 Malvito CS
Italy
Form letters in Italian can be found at:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/ and http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Comune di Malvito - Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Mario De Iacovo 1
87010 Malvito CS
Italy
Form letters in Italian can be found at:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/ and http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Malvito Birth records
My mother's father, Filippo De Iacovo, was born January 1, 1886 in Malvito. His parents were Francesco De Iacovo and Carolina Cipolla.msilingo wrote:My husbands grandfather was born June 5, 1885 in Italy. The Ellis Island ship manifest shows he was from Malvito. Where can I write to request verification of his birth?
He married Maria Francesca Altieri, also born in Malvito, July 16, 1884. Her parents were Arcangelo Altieri and Serafina Di Cianni.
Filippo came to the US in 1909. Maria and their two daughters arrived in 1913.
Malvito is a fairly small comune; certainly my ancestors would have known your husband's ancestors well!
I have found the stato civile office at Malvito to be very responsive; most of the documents I requested by mail (and I have requested many
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
