will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
kontessa
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 19:05

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by kontessa »

sceaminmonkey wrote:I want to do it without having to do work arounds like trying to show up at the consulate and have someone see me.
Best to go incognitio to your visa appointment, then. :lol:
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

sceaminmonkey wrote:I am confident I will survive as well. I am not asking for suggestions on how to wait and survive the process. I am asking for suggestions on how to stay in italy past 4 months since they have not got back to me within the time frame they said. and I want to do it without having to do work arounds like trying to show up at the consulate and have someone see me. a visa seems like the best way to go.
Or, a Permesso di Soggiorno in Attesa di Cittadinanza, issued by the local comune based on the fact that you have a pending citizenship application. You might inquire at the ExpatsInItaly forum (http://expatsinitaly.com/phpbbforum/viewforum.php?f=2) to see if anyone there has heard of such a case - the Permesso di Soggiorno in Attesa di Cittadinanza would normally be issued to someone who filed their citizenship application within the same comune.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by mler »

Screaminmonkey, if you don't think a suggestion will work for you, ignore it. It is not necessary to be rude when we are simply trying to help. Carmine has offered several possible approaches. Your best bet, it seems, is to assume you will not have recognition by the time you are ready to leave, so you should proceed with that in mind. If your recognition comes before that date, you'll have no problems.
User avatar
LuigiF
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 05 Feb 2010, 14:58

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by LuigiF »

Screaminmonkey,Not sure how long you have worked on this..It took me a total of two years back and fourth with the Vice consulate before my file was even sent to my Local Embassy and then it went to my Commune for final approval. They told me one month, I received notification 4 months later..walk proud, you will get your Citizenship, We have all waited impatiently for our final call to the Embassy, Remember..try not to peeve them off, they have the right to refuse your application ..Pianno Pianno my friend!
User avatar
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master
Posts: 525
Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I am not even concerned about the citizenship , just the fact it will let me stay in Italy an extended period of time which is why I applied for it. I am for sure going to apply for permission to stay while my application is pending if it allows me to stay longer. I'm not being rude. I just don't want obnoxious threads reposting other people's suggestions for half a web page in quotation marks. It defeats the purpose of a forum.
User avatar
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master
Posts: 525
Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Problem is I DID IGNORE the suggestions I didn't think would work. And then they all got posted again in quotation marks.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by mler »

I seriously don't think the quoted suggestions were obnoxious. Kontessa was simply trying to organize all possibilities. For me, reading them in sequence was an excellent way to compare the relative merits of each suggestion.

Try not to worry about the four-month stay. With a visa (and there are a number of ways through which you might qualify for one) you will be able to stay beyond the 3-month tourist maximum. You should be fine and then, of course, if your citizenship is recognized before you leave, you can happily put your visa through a shredder.

Keep in mind that you ARE dealing with the NY consulate, and nothing I've read to date leads me to believe they will be helpful, so just do the best you can with what you have.
User avatar
kontessa
Elite
Elite
Posts: 304
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 19:05

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by kontessa »

To screaming monkey:

In no way was my re-posting of previous suggestions meant to be obnoxious. I did so because you claimed that no one had made any suggestions, and I felt that perhaps you had missed what was already posted. It doesn't bother me in the least that none of my suggestions seemed viable to you! But you did receive good suggestions! :lol: (You decided for whatever reason that they were worthless.)

Claiming that no one had presented ideas or suggestions later in the thread is just plain false. Suggestions and ideas were asked for, they were made, and then you claimed that none of them were good enough - they were not concrete plans. You were given what you asked for. And btw, to defend myself a little more, I'd just like to add that I DID send you a private message wishing you the best and success with your summer plans. Maybe I'm not so obnoxious after all. You are way off base here.

For anyone reading this thread from the very beginning, they will note that you asked for ideas and suggestions (very first post where you asked if the comune of Naples would ever respond - which btw no one could provide a definitive answer for), stated how anxious you were about news in re to your case, "pissed" because you feel that you were "blown off" by consular staff, searching for ways to stay in Italy past 90 days and then stating that you probably wouldn't, and etc, etc...then you criticize both the people that tried to to assist you and the solutions that they recommended. Interesting.
Post Reply