I am researching my great-great grandmother Angela Valenti from Agira, Sicily. She married Phillip Valenti and they had 3 children (that I know of now) Calogero (Charles), Giuseppe (Joseph), Filippa (Fillipina or Phylis).
When Calogero (Charles) arrived in the U.S. in 1909 the ships manifest states his mothers name as Angela (can not figure out last name). He stayed with Filippa Valenti (Polizzi or Police) in Dennison, Ohio.
I need help figuring out the last name (maiden name) of Angela, mother to Calogero, Giuseppe, and Filippa. Can someone look at the attached ships manifest and see if you can help out?
Thank you...
Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
Could be "Serauto"
T.
T.
Re: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
I'll add that to my list.
I have also thought:
Seraccita or Seranita or Saranniti
But no luck of finding any records. I did a quick search for Serauto and had no luck.
Tom
I have also thought:
Seraccita or Seranita or Saranniti
But no luck of finding any records. I did a quick search for Serauto and had no luck.
Tom
Re: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
Yes, I saw those possibilities as well, but did not find them existing in Sicily...
Here is a link to Surnames by Regions...
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognom ... cilia.html
For Sicily Region, I put in "Begins with" and "Ser"...
There are MANY surnames, but these look "similar" to the manifest...
Servadio
Serafica
Serafia
Servile
Serrano
Servillo
Serravalle
Seranella
Serretta
You might also try "contains" with "-ita"
Y.
Here is a link to Surnames by Regions...
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognom ... cilia.html
For Sicily Region, I put in "Begins with" and "Ser"...
There are MANY surnames, but these look "similar" to the manifest...
Servadio
Serafica
Serafia
Servile
Serrano
Servillo
Serravalle
Seranella
Serretta
You might also try "contains" with "-ita"
Y.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
Try this: go to http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/ita/cogno ... otore.html
Put 'sera' (without the quotes) in the box labeled Cognome, click the "Inizia per" (Beginw with) radio button, and then click Ricerca. You will get a listing of all (?) names in Sicily which begin with Sera...
The other options are:
Cognome esatto - Exact name
Contiene - Contains
Azzera - Clear
Put 'sera' (without the quotes) in the box labeled Cognome, click the "Inizia per" (Beginw with) radio button, and then click Ricerca. You will get a listing of all (?) names in Sicily which begin with Sera...
The other options are:
Cognome esatto - Exact name
Contiene - Contains
Azzera - Clear
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
See, it's true - good minds do think alike! 
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Angela Valenti - Agira, Sicily
Bravo, Carmine!
T.
T.
