I am helping a friend with his genealogy. I have found his GrandFather/GrandMother on the 1910/1920/1930 census. I have also located both on Ellis Island and Boston Ports.
Their names are:
Luigi Marrello aka Morello ( I found that spelling on Ellis Island ) he married Carolina Naccarato. They lived in New York. Luigi lived in Glasco, NY before Carolina came over with her first born Carmine. Carolina's sister Theresa also married a Marrello (Francesco, Luigi's older brother). They came from Belsito, Italy. Luigi first came around 1900, he returned to Italy 1905/1906. He came back to the U.S but I haven't found that exact date yet. Says he was living in Philly on the census but dont I don't think that is totally true.
Luigi was born in 1887, Carolina was born in 1890/1892. They had 6 children, all boys. Luigi eventually changed his name to Louis. His boys names were Carmine (Charles) Francesco (Frank) Eugenio(John) Anton(Tony) Mitchel( Mike)and Joseph. There may have been another son named Edward but as of now Im not positive.
Luigi and Carolina left New York and came to Chicago. They lived on the SW side up until they passed away. Luigi(1969) Caroline (1973).
What I am looking for is anyone who may be familiar with this family or may have been a brother to Luigi. I have found Pasquale, Giuseppe, and a few others but cannot link them except for Ellis Island. I understand he had family in New York but my friend does not know any of his relatives.
Does anyone recognize these names? Also, I know they came from Belsito so how or who would I write to for Birth Certs etc? I don't know the parents names yet but am hoping someone out there will help me.
Thanks
Mary
Chicago,Il



