NYC success!!!
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: NYC success!!!
Thats not what Im saying...Im saying in my experience of 10 years of genealogy some towns are more cooperative than others.

- ericataylor22
- Rookie

- Posts: 38
- Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 00:39
Re: NYC success!!!
I am hoping a quick reply will the case, apparently Anagrafe is a cousin somewhere along the line in my comune, but just in case it wasn't quick was hoping it wasn't required in Philly for passport.
Re: NYC success!!!
Congratulations!!!Drew927 wrote:Carmine,
My appointment was March 1st,2011 and the letter is dated May 25, 2011. I recieved it today on the 28th. Very rapid turnaround.
My friend is from Genoa and she was out in 2 hours with her passport. She said that was the fastest time she has experienced.
I have to ask, how complex was your application? We've been waiting to hear from the NYC Consulate since October 2010!
Re: NYC success!!!
Donald,
I went through my GF-F-me. My grandfather did not naturalize but I was able to get all the No Records found without problems. I had to make corrections to my fathers birth certificate. All my info was pretty consistant so it wasn't too much of a problem. NY is very thorough while they are reviewing the paperwork. Pay attention to details. Americanized names and middle initials were not a problem.
Hope this helps,
Drew
I went through my GF-F-me. My grandfather did not naturalize but I was able to get all the No Records found without problems. I had to make corrections to my fathers birth certificate. All my info was pretty consistant so it wasn't too much of a problem. NY is very thorough while they are reviewing the paperwork. Pay attention to details. Americanized names and middle initials were not a problem.
Hope this helps,
Drew
Re: NYC success!!!
Hi Drew,
Are either your grandfather or father alive?
I ask this because both my grandfather and father are deceased and we were unable to correct mistakes on their birth certificates. Both the local probate judge and Town Clerks informed us that in CT, names on official documents can only be changed for people that are alive.
Also, do your remember the name of the interviewer that handled your application @ the NY Consulate?
I've called the Consulate and sent e-mails, but I have been unable to get anyone to proved me with the status of our application.
Thanks,
Don
Are either your grandfather or father alive?
I ask this because both my grandfather and father are deceased and we were unable to correct mistakes on their birth certificates. Both the local probate judge and Town Clerks informed us that in CT, names on official documents can only be changed for people that are alive.
Also, do your remember the name of the interviewer that handled your application @ the NY Consulate?
I've called the Consulate and sent e-mails, but I have been unable to get anyone to proved me with the status of our application.
Thanks,
Don
Re: NYC success!!!
Congrats on your success. I wanted to answer the question about the philly comsulate. My appoinment was february 1,2011 at philly comsulate and received my letter of ackowledgment on april 5,2011. I inquired what to do now and was told in order to get my italian passport i had to get my italian birth certificate from comune then bring that in to the consulate. I sent request to the comune a month ago and still waiting. My comune has usually been pretty fast in the turn around so I hope that it comes soon.I am not going to Italt til next year so there is no rush. Although I would love to have in my possession. No appoinment is needed in philly for passport at this time. I hope that this helps. Again congratulations.
Re: NYC success!!!
Donald,
Both my father and Grandfather are dead. My father's birth certificate was issued in NYC. Nyc dept of vital records was very helpful with making the corrections. I provided them with all the supporting documents they needed. It would have been a different story if he were born outside NYC.
The Clerk's name at the Consulate was Tony.
Drew
Both my father and Grandfather are dead. My father's birth certificate was issued in NYC. Nyc dept of vital records was very helpful with making the corrections. I provided them with all the supporting documents they needed. It would have been a different story if he were born outside NYC.
The Clerk's name at the Consulate was Tony.
Drew
- musaccosteve
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 19:27
Re: NYC success!!!
Congratulations, Drew!!!
- JPMessina44
- Veteran

- Posts: 181
- Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 01:50
- Contact:
Re: NYC success!!!
Newark required me to get my Italian documents back from the Comune before making the appointment to get my passport. This was done in April, and my appointment was just today.
45-60 minutes later, I walked out with my Italian passport!
45-60 minutes later, I walked out with my Italian passport!
