Does anyone have information on a street named Via M. Scandiffio on the outskirts of Pomarico? My ancestors on my father's side are Scandiffios & I am wondering if his family were connected to the naming of this street.
Thanks,
S
Via M. Scandiffio Info
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Via M. Scandiffio Info
The current director of maintenance and services is headed up by Michele Scandiffio - http://www.comune.pomarico.mt.it/uffici.htm
I assume that named streets are in honour of notable citizens (war heroes? former mayors?), just as they are in the US. Perhaps the director of "Biblioteca e Archivio Storico" (Library and Archives), Luigi Pizzilli (same web page), would have some information; try writing to him (in italian, of course) and see if you can get a reply.
I assume that named streets are in honour of notable citizens (war heroes? former mayors?), just as they are in the US. Perhaps the director of "Biblioteca e Archivio Storico" (Library and Archives), Luigi Pizzilli (same web page), would have some information; try writing to him (in italian, of course) and see if you can get a reply.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Via M. Scandiffio Info
Thanks, I will try that.
