Yes you will be able to access them at home. But they aren't releasing the entire catalog at once naturally.Essgee wrote:Rose.........
The real question is can you access all microfilms this way? Can you access them from home? When does it start?
AMAZING development...All please read this post.
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: AMAZING development...All please read this post.
Re: AMAZING development...All please read this post.
Thanks James and Rose (who replied to my question-and just saw it today)...
Should make researching from home even more interesting...
It will be nice to access film documents from neighboring ancestral towns too...
By any chance do you know if they will publish other documents besides Birth, Matrimony, and Death records?
Thanks,
mfjp
Should make researching from home even more interesting...
It will be nice to access film documents from neighboring ancestral towns too...
By any chance do you know if they will publish other documents besides Birth, Matrimony, and Death records?
Thanks,
mfjp
Re: AMAZING development...All please read this post.
I called the main library in Salt Lake today to get more info on this. They are indeed trying to do this, but I was told not to expect anything before 2 or 3 years. Imaging the films, I was told, goes quickly. Issues regarding licensing have to be worked out, and I was told this will take a long time to do.
Sherry
Sherry
Re: AMAZING development...All please read this post.
I sent an email to FHL about putting microfilm on the web and their answer was:
We are exploring different possibilites regarding our microfilm collection,
but we do not discuss our projects until they are released publically. At
this time, we are not putting our microfilm on the web.
Sincerely,
Family History Research Support
Help@productsupport.familysearch.org
We are exploring different possibilites regarding our microfilm collection,
but we do not discuss our projects until they are released publically. At
this time, we are not putting our microfilm on the web.
Sincerely,
Family History Research Support
Help@productsupport.familysearch.org
Re: AMAZING development...All please read this post.
James, this is truly wonderful news.
Thank you for sharing this with all of us. My local FHL just installed this incredible microfilm reader that can now transfer images right to cds. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to research right from our computers? Just the thought of it! That was really great news! Especially since I learned this week that a very dear man who volunteered weekly at my FHL passed away in Dec. His name was Midge from Escondido CA. and I would like anyone who can to say a prayer for him. The world needs more men like him around.



