Hi,
I'm turning to you for more help. Thanks to Mr. Adelfio finding my grandfather's birth certificate which gave his parent's name I am now going to try to learn something of my great grandmother Carmela Castiglione. If I'm right, I believe I found her name coming to this country Feb. 21, 1917 at the age of 65, it seems to fit the year I figured she was born. The ship's record show her last residence as Canicatti. I am now planning on writing to Canicatti and ask if they have her birth record. This is the part I need your help. Do you have an address for Canicatti. I am also going to write to Casteltermini and ask for my great grandfather's birth certificate. I kept that address you gave me. One more thing, what is the family record? Is it possible to request such a thing,
Thank you for all your past help.
Sangerine (Sandi)
Carmela Castiglione
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Carmela Castiglione
Here you go:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Canicattì
Palazzo di Città
Corso Umberto I°
92024 Canicattì AG
ITALY
web: http://www.comune.canicatti.ag.it/flex/ ... Pagina/426
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Canicattì
Palazzo di Città
Corso Umberto I°
92024 Canicattì AG
ITALY
web: http://www.comune.canicatti.ag.it/flex/ ... Pagina/426
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Carmela Castiglione
Hi
Instead of writing to Canicatti Family History Library has films for
Registri dello stato civile di Canicattì (Agrigento), 1821-1910 birth marriage and death
Family history Lbrary locator
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp
Italian records
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Italy_ ... al_Records
Films available
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Canicatt++
Ordering films
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center
Reading italian records
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/
Also the same is available for Casteltermini from Family History Library
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Castelter++
Just look for the possible birth dates from both towns and order the films before you go writing to Italy
Marty A
Instead of writing to Canicatti Family History Library has films for
Registri dello stato civile di Canicattì (Agrigento), 1821-1910 birth marriage and death
Family history Lbrary locator
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp
Italian records
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Italy_ ... al_Records
Films available
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Canicatt++
Ordering films
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center
Reading italian records
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/
Also the same is available for Casteltermini from Family History Library
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Castelter++
Just look for the possible birth dates from both towns and order the films before you go writing to Italy
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
