Request birth records from Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Request birth records from Italy

Post by adelfio »

I think the Italians laugh when they get the IRC's or make paper airplanes out of of them.To cash them in in Italy takes to much time in there postal system. I have sent cash 5 dollar euro to the comunes and 10 dollar euro to the Archivio di stato for postage and handling and have had great luck. With church records I have sent 20 dollar euro and that seems to get a response usually back from the church almost all the time.If they dont charge they will send you back your euros

Marty

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Post Reply