I am discovering that my family originated in Nimis, Italy.
Any general/historical information about the town and area would be greatly appreciated.
LBressani
Nimis
- uantiti
- Elite

- Posts: 405
- Joined: 11 Jun 2008, 16:52
- Location: Piedmont (Biella) & Veneto (Venice), Italy
Re: Nimis
Hi,
The town of Nimis is in Friuli Venezia Giulia region and in the province of Udine, North West Italy not far from the border with Slovenia. I assume you already saw a description of the town on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimis
The area is famous for wine production and particularly for Ramandolo. Have a look:
http://www.ramandolo.it/eng/home.htm
Ada
The town of Nimis is in Friuli Venezia Giulia region and in the province of Udine, North West Italy not far from the border with Slovenia. I assume you already saw a description of the town on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimis
The area is famous for wine production and particularly for Ramandolo. Have a look:
http://www.ramandolo.it/eng/home.htm
Ada
