Quick Translation Help
-
mchapman0922
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 04 May 2011, 20:18
Quick Translation Help
I've been working with a birth record and came across the phrase "assessore funzionato da sindaco pel titolare impedito." Could anyone tell me what this means? I understand it has something to do with an officer working for the mayor, but it's the last part that is troubling me. I looked the words up individually, but I just don't see how a "hindered official" fits in. I'm assuming it's a phrase that doesn't translate literally.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Quick Translation Help
It simply says that the assessor is sitting for the mayor who has something else to do that prevent ("impedire") him to be there...
-
mchapman0922
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 04 May 2011, 20:18
Re: Quick Translation Help
That makes so much more sense. Thank you!