Ven Ditti?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

Will do! Thanks so very much for all your help. Now I can do more research. Have a good night.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master
Posts: 697
Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: West New York (NJ)
Contact:

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by JohnArmellino »

Be very careful. It's addictive. LOL
John Armellino
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

I am very addicted already. I cant let this one go. One final note on the triplet issue. There are commas after each name. I dont think I have even seen too many birth acts where the individuals even have middle names? Of course, I have only been looking at films for one week. Also, The "mark" if you will, after Nom (Nome vs Nomi )is different on Loreto's than Antionias. Does that not translate to nameS? Thats what the ol' internet translator tells me anyway. Sorry, Like I stated, hard to let this one go.:)
JohnArmellino
Master
Master
Posts: 697
Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
Location: West New York (NJ)
Contact:

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by JohnArmellino »

The record does say names ("nomi") and the names are separated by commas. But I've found this to be common when a child's names are recorded. And children very often have multiple names. Yesterday I entered an individual with seven names! However, each comune and/or transcriber has its own peculiarities and only research in that particular comune will give a researcher sufficient expertise with that comune's records. So I would suggest that you continue your research with an open mind. Hey, you never know what you'll find.
John Armellino
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

Gotcha! I will keep looking...just in case. Thanks so much for all your help.
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

Hello! I have been gone awhile, but am now able to continue my quest. Have a couple leads! Need your help.

Is it possible for someone to gather two 1940 census' for both:

Morgan street in chicago city, ward 31, block 479, cook county IL. Looking for that of a Loretto Venditti aka Loreto Van Dittie.

Also, I need an 1940 Colorado Census for Venditti Antoinetta, James Van Dittie (aka Venditti or Van Dittie, etc. at So. Gaylord Street, Denver, Colorado.

If not to much trouble please. 1950 as well if not?
Any questions, please ask or refer to my thread previously! 8)
MUCH appreciated.
Mary.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by adelfio »

No 1940 census yet next year its released to the public in April 2012. We are waiting Mary

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Venditti

Post by gamadaha »

Oh my Goodness Marty, I didn't know you did ALL of this! Or I would have just asked you in the first place! I thought you were only under "translations". I learn so much by error its rediculous. YOU have been my only lead in months! I am so HAPPY I FOUND YOU to help. I have so many questions I dont mean to bombard you, but after so many let downs, then YOU find something, I am so excited to get this going again, with this new info. I didnt know if anyone would find my new post as I started that particular thread in I think 2008! A 1940 census - I am hoping will tell me another piece of the puzzle. I hope I remember! Thanks Marty, for being a friend.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by adelfio »

Glad to help Mary. There are alot great people on here that have helped alot of people find family info. You know alot of time you hear family stories,but the only way of the accurate story is by getting records which sometimes is very hard to do.Its like the US census Ive seen right on info and sometimes terrible info thats not even close but you take it with a grain of salt. Not all records are great because we have the human factor involved in taking the records which there is bound to be errors in but most of the time we can get a good idea of names and dates. In my own family history my name has been spelled 5 different ways....Actually the Italian records have been almost right on(Birth and Marriage acts info) for my family. Sometimes this family history can be very addictive like John says.........

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

Youre telling me! Last night I was up til 3 am! (A little thanks to you for all your info)! :) I started the little family tree on Ancestry.com, and every time a little leaf pops up, its almost as tho it is anything this website and all the wonderful people have helped me with over the years. That and alot of time at the LDS center. I will TRY to be patient! key word TRY! Dont understand the 1940 census thing though, why 72 years later?
Friends
Mary
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by adelfio »

I would like to get a death certificate on Elia Venditti the girl in the baptismal record, as I believe she died very young.
Death record of Elia Venditti Cook County Chicago ILlinois on familysearch.org
click for record
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1463134
There is good info on familysearch.org just join up and log in and search under Illinois records
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by adelfio »

Check your Private Messages

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

Thanks Marty! I remember using that site and coming up with nothing for my dad, but then I only used what I knew ... the name Amerigo Alfred Venditti. Now I will try to get back to see if Baptismal record name produces. Seems I can find everybody BUT my Dad! One thing leads to another, but none to my Dad's birth. :cry: Any thoughts on where Elia (its a boy!!!!) was buried? Says Mt Carmel, but there is no Cemetary named that, only cemetarys NEAR Mt carmel come up in an internet search.
Mary
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by adelfio »

Mt Carmel Cemetery its in Hillside Illinois right close to Chicago
my relatives are buried there. Its a Big cemetery they have a computer there to tell where your family are buried what plots they are in. They dont have there data online yet but one day they will. I spent many a day out there searching for my great great relatives.
Heres a link to the cemetery
http://www.catholiccemeterieschicago.or ... .php?id=11

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
gamadaha
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Colorado

Re: Ven Ditti?

Post by gamadaha »

Wow. Wonder why that cemetary didnt come up on the internet. I was going to spend time looking at a St. Marys. I am glad you found yours there! Sounds like we have alot in common as far as places! How about time lines?
I am going to take a couple days off from this, and see if I can fit a couple more pieces in here. I really need to find out a parish in Sora Italy, or the Civil records where I can find possible death records on my Great Grandparents, my Grand parents, an Uncle Vincenzo, possibly more children (four, if the two sets of twins story is true) and then of course....search somemore for my DAD in Chicago! aaaahhhhhhh I am going to try that website you recommended though. THANKS MARTY
I dont know if my Great Grandmas name was Eugenia Iucci or Euginia Luce. Ok, another tangent!
Friends,
Mary
Post Reply