Hi Jamie
Your information is so helpful - thanks. I do in fact have Jane's birth certificate and it states that Rosa's maiden name is something like Picholi or Piloli (it's difficult to read because the person who copied out the certificate has very curly writing!). I searched on www.findmypast.co.uk and found some Piloli's in the Canterbury area at that time so it could be that name.
My cousin Janet told me that she found out the Minchellas came from San Biagio Saracinisco and that she found that information on Ancestry.com but I have been on there and couldn't find it myself, so my next step might be to order the Frosinone birth records from the Mormon church records and go through them for Francesco's birth in 1893. It's quite difficult because the microfilm readers in the Maidstone Mormon Church archives slope backwards away from you making it hard to read, and once again the curly, old fashioned writing is so hard to read, especially being in Italian!
Susan
Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minchella
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
Hello Susan,
I have searched the Cassino, Frosinone Mormon records around that time, but due to the abbey being bombed and holding the records, most were destroyed.
Most before 1863 in Cassino were ok though!
My email is capo@live.co.uk what is the chances you send a scanned image of the birth certificate, and i will try and track the surname for you, or you could post it on this site for others to transcribe?
Jamie
I have searched the Cassino, Frosinone Mormon records around that time, but due to the abbey being bombed and holding the records, most were destroyed.
Most before 1863 in Cassino were ok though!
My email is capo@live.co.uk what is the chances you send a scanned image of the birth certificate, and i will try and track the surname for you, or you could post it on this site for others to transcribe?
Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
Hello Jamie
Thanks for searching the records. Do you have a set of records at home that you consult, or do you go on a special website, because you can always get the answers very quickly!
I will attempt to send you a photo of the certificate - I don't have a scanner anymore but may be able to get someone to do it for me. It might take a couple of days though. Thanks again.
Susan
Thanks for searching the records. Do you have a set of records at home that you consult, or do you go on a special website, because you can always get the answers very quickly!
I will attempt to send you a photo of the certificate - I don't have a scanner anymore but may be able to get someone to do it for me. It might take a couple of days though. Thanks again.
Susan
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
Hello Susan,
I order the records from the family search site, and view them at my local family history centre.
I do have a list of marriages in Filignano which covers some years!
Jamie
I order the records from the family search site, and view them at my local family history centre.
I do have a list of marriages in Filignano which covers some years!
Jamie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
- jamiecapaldi
- Master

- Posts: 691
- Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 18:18
- Location: Bristol, England, UK
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
The maiden name isn't 'Pacitti' is it?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
No, I don't think it is because the second letter definitely seems to have a dotted i. I will take a photo of the certficate tomorrow and send it to you in an email.
Susan
Susan
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
How on earth do you upload photos on here?!!!
Susan
Susan
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
Go to full editor in the reply area and upload your record or
You can also use a photo site I like postimage.org you dont have to join just go to browse and upload your record then copy the link with your right mouse button then paste the direct link to your message or post
You can also use a photo site I like postimage.org you dont have to join just go to browse and upload your record then copy the link with your right mouse button then paste the direct link to your message or post
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Tracing the birthplace of my Italian grandfather - Minch
Thank you adelfio!
